đź‘‹ INTRO New to here and cars period, Hanover Park

Hi all, 6 Months ago the only things I could claim to do on a car was tire and oil changes. An older lady we know put her 1991 Firebird Formula she bought new in '90 up for sale and I decided to give it a go. Summer driven only, records for all maint, etc. I've absolutely fallen in love with it and working/learning/yelling at it. I found this place from Thirdgen.org and have decided to pop into a few of my first meets and see how it goes.

I work in IT and having the car as a hands on project has been a great decompress/escape from working on digital stuff.

IT people and their cars. Seems to be a common theme these days.

Congrats on the purchase.

Thanks! Yeah it's a really common thing, I can think of a few reasons but the top two are probably the fact that its more of a physically involved hobby than working with computers on the side, which used to be more my thing, and it gets us out of the house when the cars run :rofl:

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
You are where I was about 7 years ago. I also have an IT background and I use to build servers, network environments, gaming pc's, modify video game console etc. Went into consulting which brought me away from the hands on IT stuff so I got bored. Bought a project car to fill that gap and learn something new. Took a 14 second fbody and now it's running bottom 9's. Learned most of the things on my own but have had help from my brother in law and people around here.

Good luck with the project.:bigok:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Yep, saw the car and spoke with you inside briefly last night! Car looks great! Good choice! :bigthumb:

PFA

DJy78V6.jpg

Thread Info