đź‘‹ INTRO Newb from the Northwest Suburbs

Since I've now been to a few meets and met a few of you in person, I should probably start a newb thread. I'm new to the forums, referred by a few friends of mine (Pratt, Paul, and Angela). Shout out to Pro Stock John, who I met at GLD. He helped me out with a few issues I was having that day.

Over the years I've owned a number of cars, some of the more interesting ones being an '05 Evo MR, an '07 350Z rag top, and now a 2012 Shelby GT500 rag top.

Here's a few photos of my Shelby. These are from when I got it but since then it's gotten a lot of upgrades that I'll list later.

And for you truck fans, here's a few of my daily driver. There are from when I first got it. It's a 2012 F150 FX4 with an AFE Air Intake, SCT Livewire TS, LED Conversion, an Alpine / JL / Hertz audio system, and a few cosmetic upgrades to fix some of Ford's poorer decisions like that front grille. :)

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
Welcome to the neighborhood

neighbor.gif

Welcome to TCG.
Judging by your sig, it looks like the shelby gets out of the hole pretty well. :bigthumb:
Mods/times?

My current mods list (2015 / 10 / 18) - I totally nerded this out with part numbers and all of that jazz from online

Performance

AFCO
AFC-80280PRO - AFCO DUAL PASS HEAT EXCHANGER W/DUAL 10" FANS

Metco Motorsports
MSP260 - Metco Shelby GT500 Supercharger Pulley (2.60")
MSI-90D - Metco GT500 Auxiliary Idler Kit w/ Double-Bearing Idler

Ford
2013 Shelby GT500 Mufflers (previous owner did this)

SCT
SCT-7015 - SCT X4 Ford Power Flash Handheld Programmer

JLT Performance
CAIP-GT500-10 - JLT 2010-2014 Shelby GT500 123mm Plastic Big Air Intake Kit

NGK
NGK BR7EF - Spark Plugs

Suspension / Drivetrain

BMR
BMR-UTCA032H - BMR 2011-2014 Mustang Adjustable Upper Control Arm with Poly Bushing (Black Hammertone)
BMR-TCA019H - BMR 05-2014 Mustang Non Adjustable Boxed DOM Lower Control Arms with Poly Bushing (Black Hammertone)
BMR-PHR006H - BMR 05-2014 Mustang Tubular Adjustable Panhard Rod with Poly Bushings (Black Hammertone)

Driveshaft Shop
DSS-FDSH10-C-CV1 - DSS 07-2012 Shelby GT500 3-3/8" Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft

Interior

Shelby
AS3Z-6304460SIG - Shelby GT500 Dash Plaque (2010-2014)
S10M-2760-U - Shelby Billet Emergency Brake Cover (2010-2013)
S2MS-CERT - Shelby Registry Vehicle Authenticity Certificate (2006-2014)

Speed of Sound
SOS-1014S197-DUAL-VERT - Speed of Sound 2010-2014 Mustang Dual Gauge Pillar Pod (Convertible)

Raptor Performance
RPSLRBLK001 - Raptor Shift Light - Dual Mode (Launch & Shift Indicator) - Red LEDs / Black Housing

Autometer
880074 - 2-1/16" BOOST-VAC, 30 IN HG/30 PSI, ELEC, FORD RACING
880080 - 2-1/16" FUEL PRESS, 0- 100 PSI, FSE, FORD RACING

Audio

Kenwood
DDX9902S - Excelon double DIN DVD head unit w/ Bluetooth, HD Radio, Android Auto, and Apple Car Play

Automotive Data Solutions
ADS-MRR - Maestro RR Interface Module
ADS-KIT-MUS01 - MUS1 Mustang Installation Kit

Alpine
HCE-C125 backup camera w/ KTX-C10LP license plate bracket.

Cosmetic

Redline Performance
21-11024-03 - 2005-2014 Ford Mustang Hood QuickLIFT ELITE

Diode Dynamics
Full interior LED conversion
XP80 Foglight Replacement
Parking / Marker lights and license plate lights LED conversion

Raxiom
Raxiom Aero Tail Lights (previous owner did this)

Wind Restrictor
Wind Restrictor rear wind guard, etched, with LED lighting

Output Levels
551.32 HP / 545.60 TQ (Dyno'd on 2015 / 09 / 05)

And of course, the obligatory dyno pull video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qZWTQlfbTI

I forgot to grab the export of the dyno pull while I was at the shop, but here's a picture of the printout.

Now for the "What's next" post...

So that was at the end of the driving season, then the stupidity really hit me. Here's what I'm working on now.

Audio
Full audio system rip & replace. 2x JL HD amplifiers, Focal 10" sub, Hertz/Audison front Stage.
XS Power D4700 battery with i-Bar power distribution set up.

Performance
VMP Gen 2 TVS Supercharger
VMP Fuel Pump Booster
VMP Dual 67mm Throttle Body
ID1000 injectors
Reische 170 degree thermostat

Suspension
BMR Springs
Strange Engineering Struts & Shocks (Still need to order these)
BMR relocation brackets (Since I'm lowering the car)

And of course, some photos. First off, go fast parts!

And this is from a few days ago, getting started on the install...

And before anyone asks, this is a Monster Mobile MST8006 light. It came from a Snap On rep.

Very nice. Seems like a great all-around setup. That TVS should really wake it up even more. Get any grief at Byron for not having a cage? Bet you will this next season :mamoru:

At Byron, no. At GLD, yes. The guy at Byron saw my styling bar and said "Oh good, you've got a roll bar in there already" :rofl: I was laying down some horrible times this summer due to the stock suspension and severe newb driving issues, but I'm about to fix the suspension and put another 125 HP or so on the back wheels so it should be interesting. Hopefully those newb driving issues will work themselves out over time. :dunno:

Thread Info