đŸ‘‹ INTRO Yeah so I'm a newb and all.... 5.br0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
UPDATE: Car is gone but can be found in its current state (unless they demodded any of it) at Leman's in Bloomington.

Hey all, I've been meaning to join for a while, got my 13 GT two years ago and I've done some minor stuff to it. It's a base GT with Brembos plus Recaros, that's it. I've always been a 3er guy until recently, after my 335 spent more time in the shop than on the road, I decided it was time for something else, so I got this thing one day.

I know some of the guys on here from CMC but other than that I'm a complete noob around here.

Suspension/chassis stuffs:

Steeda Sport front/Competition rear springs
Koni Sport dampers (Yellows)
RTR (Whiteline) front and rear sways
Steeda UCA and HD chassis mount
UMI adj PHB
Steeda PHB Brace

Exhaust stuffs:
BOSS H
QTP electric cutouts
RTR axlebacks

Transmission stuffs:
MGW w/ track bushing
McLeod stainless clutch line and helper spring delete
Poly reinforced trans mount bushing
BAS axle reservoir

Under the hood stuffs:
JLT CAI
BOSS oil cooler
Juggernaut dyno tune, nGauge

External cosmetic stuff / RICE:
35% all around (Thank you Jeff at Tint To U!)
BOSS base wheels powdercoated stealth charcoal
RTR rear "diffuser"
Roush/RTR side splitters
AM black billet upper and lower grilles (no honeycomb behind the lower)
Fog delete
Stubby antenna
Gloss black emblems
Vertical (e.g. late 60s) GT faux gas cap insert

I really liked where this car got.

Here is an exhaust vid (RTR ABs, catted, BOSS H, discs removed):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMvqQ1N-K2E

One pic:
tic4.jpg

Last edited:

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
AED tunes are great(had several revisions), but sometimes Shaun can be a bit of a bitch. His head has gotten very big, but for good reason. Hes the best. But it can translate to hit or miss customer service. If you can take him on his bad days while hes looking at your logs to fine tune your car, it will pay off in the end. But again, tread lightly. I had his tunes on my last 11 and that car ripped. 117mph trap speeds with a tune only and a tire. Im going to get more tunes from him for my 14. Oh and welcome to the site.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Thanks, Resident Dickbag. Should be easy enough without any aggressive mods going on. Just the cat delete and slightly improved flow after, but that's it. It would be nice to get rid of the jake brake too. Anyway, hopefully the tune is not a pain, thanks for the heads up. I can't seem to find anyone who wouldn't recommend him, so he must be doing net right.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Steeda Sports/Comps front/rear and a squeaky panhard bar, those are just the regular BOSS wheels. That's it until I add the UCA and LCA+reloc in a couple weeks or so. Koni yellows will probably be coming but for now I think I'll just blow the stockers, they're not as bad as I thought they'd be and I don't plan on tracking for a while, so yeah....

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Great to hear that the stock Brembo suspension can handle the drop, I was on the fence about putting my Steedas on mine. Welcome!

Yeah same here. But Im going with the FRPP K springs.

Well they're not a match made in heaven, you can definitely tell they aren't completely up to the task. However, the pogoing isn't anywhere near as bad as I expected it to be. I've ridden in other Mustangs with the same springs but with yellows, and with STR.Ts, and either of those setups feel miles better.

The stock struts and shocks CAN do it, yes, but I wouldn't use it as a long term solution or if I was tracking. I just don't want anyone to try it and say, "well raging said it would be great, but it's actually shit, the guy is a real asshole".

ChiLAX

TCG Elite Member
Mar 11, 2013
Chicago
Well they're not a match made in heaven, you can definitely tell they aren't completely up to the task. However, the pogoing isn't anywhere near as bad as I expected it to be. I've ridden in other Mustangs with the same springs but with yellows, and with STR.Ts, and either of those setups feel miles better.

The stock struts and shocks CAN do it, yes, but I wouldn't use it as a long term solution or if I was tracking. I just don't want anyone to try it and say, "well raging said it would be great, but it's actually shit, the guy is a real asshole".

Too late, I installed the springs and immediately totaled the car. My insurance will be contacting you shortly.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Just wanted to bump this to say this car should still be intact with the mod list in the OP at Leman's in Bloomington, so if someone is looking for a car with all this stuff done already....

And I guess we can lock this up...? Can I do that or do I need to PM a mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info