đź‘‹ INTRO New-ish guy from St. Charles

Altma

Apr 27, 2009
I've been around, just never really posted much. I met a couple of you at Dean's Performance Dyno Day.

Hey guys, My name is Rob. I'm 33 years old. I'm married. My daughter was just born on Aug. 6th. I went to school at the Illinois Institute of Art in Schaumburg where I got 2 Bachelor's of Fine Arts degrees in Media Arts and Animation and Video Game Art and Design. I worked for a video game company in Skokie for a little while, now I work for an IT Managed Services company in Westmont as a network engineer. I bowl, I fish, I shoot, I collect Transformers and weapons. And, I have a an unhealthy obsession with cars.

I don't have the fastest car in the world, nor will I ever claim I do. I have a 2010 V6 Synergy Green Metallic Camaro. It's pulling around 275 the wheels, which hey, that's not bad for a V6. It's fun, it's a 6speed which makes it more fun. It's bright ass green, so people stare at it wherever I go. My wife doesn't think she's technically cool enough to ride in it. Of which I reply I'm not so sure the car is cool enough to have her ride in it. AWW.. yes. I love my wife, more than my car.

I wish I could have a really fast car that I could take to the track. I don't enjoy drag racing on the streets, as I've lost a few friends that way, and it's made me a bit weary, so the strip would be a better environment. I do enjoy taking my brothers Lightning out occasionally though, it's sitting at 500HP on 93 and street tune. Could go up over 600 with his strip tune though, but when you hit the gas, and you get thrown in the seat, look down and you're at 120. MMmmm... nothing sweeter than that.

Well Here's a couple pics of my car. Nice to meet you guys.

frwheels01.jpg

frwheels03.jpg

stc.jpg

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
That color. Its fucking amazing. I'll forgive you for going with the V6 just because the color. Omfg its friggen sweet. And the black accents are fucking amazing too.

Oh and nice you love your wife and all but you can't hate on your car like that. Cars deserve at least half your heart if not more. They're your kids, lovers, friends, family, and everything else.

Altma

Apr 27, 2009
That color. Its fucking amazing. I'll forgive you for going with the V6 just because the color. Omfg its friggen sweet. And the black accents are fucking amazing too.

Oh and nice you love your wife and all but you can't hate on your car like that. Cars deserve at least half your heart if not more. They're your kids, lovers, friends, family, and everything else.

Thanks guys. Yeah, the color is what drew me to this car more than anything. In 2010, this color option was only available with the v6 as a special edition. They of course opened it up in 2011 as a normal paint option for any trim up to and including the SS.

I have some other stuff I still need to do. I have a set of shorty headers and a manifold spacer to install. Some day I do plan on supercharging it. And that would bring me up to the 400-425ish HP area which would be fun.

Oh and I do love my car. It wouldnt look this good if I didnt :). Otherwise, it would still have all sorts of chrome on it and that would just be a shame.

Altma

Apr 27, 2009
Welcome and congrats on your new daughter. I liked your intro. :bigthumb:

Thanks! Yeah - she's quite the handful. Definitely a change of pace that I wasn't really expecting to ever have in my lifetime.

Welcome! I work in STC so I'm sure I'll see you around

Yeah - I'm not hard to miss :)

welcome... btw, put some brembos on that thing

This is something I've been planning on doing.

Welcome!

Nice lookin 5th gen! Now remove the transformer logo, you're 33.

Well, here's the thing. I'm a huge Transformers fan. I've collected Transformers for all too long. I have somewhere around 350 Transformers. I'm really a fan of the original Transformers, because I grew up with them. I do like the new movies, for what they are. Not so much for the new models, because they're not the same by any means. So when I got my Camaro, I thought neat. It's kind of like driving a Transformer, but not yellow like Bumblebee - so I thought, I'll make a Decepticon version of the Bumblebee Camaro. So Decepticon symbols I think were my very first addition. Stripes are from the 3rd movie Bumblebee. So It's my biggest Transformer I own, and I get to drive it everyday.

also have this:

IMAG0240.jpg

So yeah - TL : DR - Transformer Nerd = Transformer Car.

Welcome to TCG Rob and nice Camaro!

Thanks!

Welcome, I am also in the area and I've seen your car around a couple times. :bigthumb:

I try to look for people, mines a bit more of a sore thumb in a world of silver/white/black cars. This is another reason I can't really speed too much, because my car is the ONLY bright ass green car on the road. I can't just say - oh.. yeah.. there were like 9 of us out there. It wasn't me.

Welcome. Love the color. I like obnoxious colored Camaro's.

If you're going to do it - might as well do it right. :coolugh:

Thread Info