searing_web.jpg

steaktemperatureswebsmall.jpg

eggchart2.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
would be nice if they also had one with thickness and weight? I just did a pork roast few days ago and thank god it turned out, 5 hours on 145 f. Turned out amazing. First thing I have done, bought one because of the thread I saw on here by you I believe?

http://s31.photobucket.com/user/svt...C-46A9-898A-9971007B1D87_zpsukgdhrqa.jpg.html

thickness and weight is a good call for sure. that would have helped.

that's awesome. i haven't done a pork loin ever i don't think. they are on sale at jewel this week awfully cheap iirc... may have to try.

what did you season it with

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Ordering without wife's permission. I stayed up until 1AM last night watching videos of people using their cookers. The meats and stuff are amazing enough, but the fact that I can make perfect veggies and eggs put me over the top. I'm so fucking done with raw as fuck or cooked into mush asparagus. I love my woman, but she can sure fuck up steaming some veggies lol

So I got the anova one that Bigturbonotch has and a mega fuck torch and the 3 pack of butane. The wife wanted a reason to get a vacuumsaver, now she has a great reason! Lol

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Really trying hard not to buy one... I don't even really eat meat... However I want one for chicken, fish etc.. Which one to buy?

i really feel that the anova gets you the best bang for the buck.

i got the one with bluetooth, but slightly wish i would have gotten the one everyone else is getting cuz it has a better heating element and a touch screen.

but.

no fucks given.

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
i love that "mega fuck torch" is sticking the most.

i did strip steaks last night for the gf's sister & bro in law.

133*... it's nuts that you can tell the difference between 131* and 133* and 135*... im going to do a beef tenderloin roast tonight and will report back.

Please post more pics. Still not sure I need one of these

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Honestly I was reading the reviews and some of them scare me. But Almost all the negative reviews came about 5 months ago and all the new ones are overwhelmingly positive. I'm just gonna use the hell out of it at first so that if it breaks it'll be in the Amazon return period.

Oh and all the negative reviews are nothing against the design or operation of the machine- just that it randomly stopped working

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
you put whatever you are cooking in a bag without air in it... you can use basically any container that holds water.... i've been just using a big stock pot.

i ordered this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002NQB63E/?tag=tcg21-20

and a lid, and im going to cut a hole for the sous vide machine to stick out of it so that water doesn't evaporate and it holds temp better.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I also saw a video where the guy uses that reflective foil insulation and wraps the container and puts a piece over the top. Some people even use ping pong balls as an insulator I guess.

At first I saw some videos of the 24 and 48 hour roast cooks and the meat looked raw and bloody. But I guess it's similar to why low and slow smoked meat sometimes looks pink. It's not that it's raw, the myoglobin just wasn't obliterated by high heat so it stays red instead of brown. Totally safe to eat

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I also saw a video where the guy uses that reflective foil insulation and wraps the container and puts a piece over the top. Some people even use ping pong balls as an insulator I guess.

At first I saw some videos of the 24 and 48 hour roast cooks and the meat looked raw and bloody. But I guess it's similar to why low and slow smoked meat sometimes looks pink. It's not that it's raw, the myoglobin just wasn't obliterated by high heat so it stays red instead of brown. Totally safe to eat

i saw the ping pong ball thing too- kinda neat cuz you can get stuff out without removing the "lid"

and yeah it's pasteurization then basically too, i want chuck roast to go on sale again here soon and i am going to do a chuck roast for like a day or two and figure it out.

it's safe enough for me! hahha. i have read plenty of people being afraid of it though too... and reasons why. and i just try to be as careful as possible.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info