Favorite Dive...Diner

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
So last year I asked you guys where your favorite hole in the wall Breakfast place was....and now.... how about your favorite greasy spoon ?

There's plenty of sports bars and grills around... anyone have a go to place ?
what about a little known place ? or a must visit ? a particular dish they are known for ?

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
There's a few that are a little more popular but I still love 'em.

The Lucky Monk in Barrington right by AMC30 has an AMAZING grilled cheeseburger...grilled cheeses as the buns...so good.

The Village Tavern in Schaumburg and or Carol Stream has the best battered chicken fingers ever.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
My go to is always Public House. Few blocks away. Everything on their menu is great and their beer selection is top notch.

Also, ever since KJ introduced me to Bulldogs, Ive wanted to go back badly.

Bulldogs is good for the price to quality ratio for the wings on thursday? and they have a ton of beer on tap and it's cheap one of the days which is awesome.

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
MC Tap in monroe center. - great burgers
SS Subs in downtown Belvidere - best italian beef ive ever had. portillos, etc has nothing on this guy
Mr J's on Kishwaukee in rockford. - great chicago style food in the heart of rockfords ghetto.

oh yeah.. Rips Fried Chicken in Ladd, IL - amazing. im sure @phatride can co-sign that one.

many others i can think of later but none of you guys really care about the food out my way!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info