Inside Chipotle: Where Fast Food Makes $12 Billion

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Check out the documentary on Netflix. I had no idea Chipotle was started by one guy with one store, then McDonald's was a major investor before Chipotle going public. I'll be eating there more often after seeing this flick about how much money they put into quality ingredients. Though it seems they're still fighting to get rid of artificial preservatives and GMOs in a few of their items.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09xfa8P4BP8

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Love Chipotle, I've been getting the same thing there for years. I don't go there a crazy amount but probably 2 or 3 times a month. Chicken fajita burrito. YUM.

Watched this on Netflix last weekend actually, though I had already heard the do a good job of trying to get quality ingredients and nothing processed.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
The "GMO hatred" is ridiculous. Anything can be considered genetically modified, if you breed two plants to get a plant with two separate traits, that is genetically modifying the organism. Environmentalists are now starting to back off the fight against GMO's because it's ridiculous and has been in practice since the dawn of agriculture.

I do commend Chipotle on their commitment to buying Growth Hormone and Anti-Biotic free meats. I think it does show in their meat quality, and anti-biotic overuse is something we should be concerned about. Anti-biotic resistant bacteria and disease is super scary stuff. MRSA FTL

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
When will this fad of people bitching about GMO's die? Along with the Yoga mat Subway.I'm so sick of hearing it.

The "GMO hatred" is ridiculous. Anything can be considered genetically modified, if you breed two plants to get a plant with two separate traits, that is genetically modifying the organism. Environmentalists are now starting to back off the fight against GMO's because it's ridiculous and has been in practice since the dawn of agriculture.

Chipotle: Talk to Us

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett

Yup....

I love the people who bitch about this shit. In the same breathe turn around and drink that Pepsi or eat something that has a chemical in it. Shit white flour is bleached. Yes, bleach the same shit you use to clean your tighty whities.

Here read this...

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/off-topic/138824-great-satire-blog-about-healtly-eating.html

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
Never really cared for Chiplop-plop as I call it... I shit like a MF'er after eating that shit lol

That's because you're used to eating all kinds of fake food. When you eat food that is more natural, the pH balance in your colon and blood are all like:

"What the :fu:

ABANDON SHIP....EVACUATE! EVACUATE!"

If you want to know what is happening in the field of GMO's, just know that Monsanto has developed a corn that will NOT grow unless you "fertilize" it with Monsanto Fertilizer. They tried to pass this into the food chain through Wal-Mart, but a lot of people wouldn't have it. Instead, Wal-Mart's management opted for the genetically engineered corn that kills off the bugs trying to eat it while it's still growing. Problem is, the poison is engineered INTO the corn...which you eat if you are eating Wal-Mart corn on the cob!

- Bon Appetit!

Breze84

$ AIN'T NO PITY IN C-NOTE CITY $
Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
That's because you're used to eating all kinds of fake food. When you eat food that is more natural, the pH balance in your colon and blood are all like:

"What the :fu:

ABANDON SHIP....EVACUATE! EVACUATE!"

If you want to know what is happening in the field of GMO's, just know that Monsanto has developed a corn that will NOT grow unless you "fertilize" it with Monsanto Fertilizer. They tried to pass this into the food chain through Wal-Mart, but a lot of people wouldn't have it. Instead, Wal-Mart's management opted for the genetically engineered corn that kills off the bugs trying to eat it while it's still growing. Problem is, the poison is engineered INTO the corn...which you eat if you are eating Wal-Mart corn on the cob!

- Bon Appetit!

I dont think I eat really bad... I try eating a lot of Organic when i go to the store. Dont really eat fast food that much... Everyone once in a while i eat some Scrubway.... Pretty much it...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info