TV Homeland [Showtime]

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
i like homeland more than dexter because homeland is at least fathomable.

Dexter jumped the shark a long time ago. Now it's the same crap. Underlying season story, couple random individuals he kills throughout the season, almost gets caught, someone in the department gets killed, everything works out in the end.

Now they bring Deb into things and they're just going to make her go along with it I'm sure. So now we have the same old tripe but instead of one person almost getting caught it will be two. It's still watchable but it's probably time to bring it to an end.

Homeland, on the other hand, is awesome.

I missed this week's episode while I was out of town! Like it a lot. I caught bits and pieces of the first season, then when this season started I refreshed my memory and watched episodes I missed before. Claire Danes kicks ass.

I also looooove Dexter. It gets a little crazy but then again there ARE a lot of fucked up people in Florida :rofl: Might not be very hard to believe there are enough psychos out there who would do half the shit that happens on that show.

I do agree that its not very realistic that there are so many serial killers in a close time frame (Dexter, Trinity, Travis, Ice Truck Killer), but this season is a little more realistic because it involves the mob. Also...DEB FINALLY KNOWS!!

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
I wouldn't doubt they turn him into a double agent of sorts. I bet they keep it real quiet and try to use him to get to Nazir. Last thing they need is the media scrutiny over a terrorist running for office and not being able to pick it up sooner.

Thats what I figured, too. Judging by the preview of next weeks episode, it seems like they are trying to keep his absence quiet. That leads me to believe they will reinsert him back into his normal life as if nothing had happened and use him to try and get closer to Nazir. Dis gun b gud

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Can I just say... AWESOME? I got all hyped up that a show was brave enough to kill one of it's main characters and then when he chickened out with the vest I was disappointed. I didn't feel like following him all the way up to vice presidential candidate while they're still trying to prove that he's a terrorist.

When Carrie went into the hotel room and called him out though, that was just cool. I haven't felt that tingly about a show since Lost.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
:eek4:

Good stuff last night.
I had a bad feeling from the get-go about that tailors shop. I figured him being an explosives expert and all, that they would go digging through his shop and set off some kind of explosive booby-trap.
But damn, didnt expect that. I wonder what was in the container they moved (I'm assuming just a shit-ton of explosives). :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info