DirecTV upgraded their graphics... Anyway to make bigger?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So yesterday I noticed that DirecTV "upgraded" (That's questionable) their graphics package, namely the guide.

The problem is, the font is too fucking small now. Us old folk, sitting across the room, it's hard to see.

I've gone through all the settings I can find but haven't been successful in changing the layout.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
There may be settings on your tv to adjust the entire picture size but that will cut part of the picture off the screen so it's not a good fix.

If enough people complain to DirecTV, they will change it.

Comcast's current menus and search features are ridiculously bad. You need to know a program's exact name to find it now. The on screen TV guide doesn't show certain programs (if Comcast doesn't like the vendor?)

The main menu page keeps featuring diversity programs when it should be clear after years of watching I want to see SciFi action, comedy and some drama. Their old menu at least featured shows based on my viewing habits.

Comcast usually offers me the choice of watching a recorded program or watching it on demand. I can skip the commercials when I use the recorded version. Recently, many shows are freezing at the start and then flipping to a screen that says I can still watch the show on demand... with fast forward disabled so I need to watch the commercials. Intentional?

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
That's the issue with Comcast... Prices. And why we've jumped a couple times.

Back in the day, when the 18" dishes first came out, I would've taken (and did) DirecTV (and USSB) at the time over cable tv any time. But Cable stepped up their game and evened things out. Just that their monopoly on cable systems drove up price.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Yeah I don't want to be one of those guys that goes off on something like this while at the same time being mad about something that has a solution, but I couldn't find a lot of the listing/options that were so easily available beforehand. Functionally, for me anyway, it's a giant step backwards. The lack of contrast and borders at the same time is also kind of funny and makes for a shit sandwich GUI.

What was wrong with the previous iteration? I didn't mind it at all and it did its job well.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Not sure if anyone noticed this weekend or not, but it seems things sped up a little. At least it wasn't as slow to react to commands via remote. And at least at one point, I noticed all the station icons were gone in the guide.

Otherwise, the same complaints still remain.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info