TENS Devices Users in Here

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
A unit that was rated just behind the top two $200 ones was priced at $39 on Amazon. I bought it because, it's $39 and might help. My PT therapist used one on my shoulder when I had surgery so they think it works. I don't think they were using it at a high enough setting since my shoulder wasn't jumping around like I see the muscles moving in videos.

I also saw the belly buster belts and shoe attachments which seem more like snake oil to me. Anybody have experience, good or bad, with that kind of stuff?

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I bought one when it was on sale on Amazon for about $40. Sometimes I get pinched nerves in my back and the TENS unit does help. I start off on a medium setting since the lower settings really don't do much for me. Then I work my way up towards the high end. I think number 14 (out of 15) is my number most of the time. Sometimes it's lower.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
UPDATE:

Now that I have used the TENS device for a while, my thoughts...

The thing actually works. If I'm getting pain in my foot, 30 mins of pulses lessens/takes the pain away. It does the same thing the commercial one did for my shoulder years ago. For $38. Amazing.

There are a lot of settings. Time, power up and down and type of massage/pulse. I have selected a few I like and skip the rest.

The device charges quickly. The charge lasts forever. The pulses must be using minuscule amounts of battery because I get weeks of use before I need to recharge.

I give this device a big thumbs up. If you guys have pain, for $38, it's worth a try. Ask your doctor, first, of course. If you die, it's not my fault. :smile:

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
20230730_082734.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I use one to overwork my right levator muscle, the one that is preventing me from getting the cruiser down there. Doctor's mindset is that by rapidly working it, it will trigger it to relax. Not sure if it is really working. If not, you and I are going to pick a few days to ride in your next of the mountains, and I'll go get a trigger point injection. That's a $1400 visit that I'll be paying for a year on, but I REALLY want to do that ride!

Reactions: Spivitz

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I use one to overwork my right levator muscle, the one that is preventing me from getting the cruiser down there. Doctor's mindset is that by rapidly working it, it will trigger it to relax. Not sure if it is really working. If not, you and I are going to pick a few days to ride in your next of the mountains, and I'll go get a trigger point injection. That's a $1400 visit that I'll be paying for a year on, but I REALLY want to do that ride!
Have you tried dry needling?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info