Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So done with WWII themed movies.

Its a Tom Hanks movie. He knows how to pick the roles. He hasn't made much as in the way as a producer or director, but he did collaborate with Spielberg on SPR and other good movies.

I really can't think of a single movie he's been in that is bad. I think the worst I could say any movie he's been in is "average".

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Its a Tom Hanks movie. He knows how to pick the roles. He hasn't made much as in the way as a producer or director, but he did collaborate with Spielberg on SPR and other good movies.

I really can't think of a single movie he's been in that is bad. I think the worst I could say any movie he's been in is "average".

Only ones I can think of are Angels and Demons wasn't very good - and neither was Inferno.

Besides that I've loved all his movies. And Band of Brothers is like 100000/10.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Only ones I can think of are Angels and Demons wasn't very good - and neither was Inferno.

Besides that I've loved all his movies. And Band of Brothers is like 100000/10.

I liked AaD and Inferno, but I kinda like mystery thrillers. Wife and I watched Murder on the Orient Express and really liked it. Really wish they would stop making Star Wars heros into villans in those movies.

Tom Hanks stock in the really late 80s and early 90s was on the downfall though. Hell he was passed up to play Mario in the SMB movie in favor of Bob Hoskins. Probably a good thing in order to keep his name off that hot garbage.

It takes a little longer to "get into" because they are much slower on character development, and follows different story lines instead of just one journey. By the end of the third one I was hooked though.

I thought The Pacific was good, but its no BoB. I just hated getting to know and like characters aaaaaand they are dead.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I liked AaD and Inferno, but I kinda like mystery thrillers. Wife and I watched Murder on the Orient Express and really liked it. Really wish they would stop making Star Wars heros into villans in those movies.

Tom Hanks stock in the really late 80s and early 90s was on the downfall though. Hell he was passed up to play Mario in the SMB movie in favor of Bob Hoskins. Probably a good thing in order to keep his name off that hot garbage.

I thought The Pacific was good, but its no BoB. I just hated getting to know and like characters aaaaaand they are dead.

All the characters from The Pacific were actual people, and unfortunately with WWII... a shit ton died lol. At least they didn’t try to make it something it wasn’t!

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
All the characters from The Pacific were actual people, and unfortunately with WWII... a shit ton died lol. At least they didn’t try to make it something it wasn’t!

So were the people from Band of Brothers. Yes a lot of them died, but I felt like a core survived. At least the core they centered around.

And yes, Ill take real and authentic story over just a work of fiction set in a real event. Even though those movies/stories can be really good as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info