Anyone using YoutubeTV?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
This could be what I needed to finally cut the cord. For $35/mo you get all of the following broadcast channels and unlimited DVR, shared with up to 6 accounts!

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/

What networks are available with YouTube TV?

down arrow - expand FAQ
YouTube TV lets you stream all the must-see shows, local sports, and news on ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC and more.

Find out what each network has to offer.

BROADCAST
ABC
CBS
The CW (live or on demand depending on region)
FOX
NBC

SPORTS
Big Ten Network
CBS Sports Network
Comcast RSN
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPNews
ESPNU
Fox RSN
FS1
FS2
Golf Channel
NBCSN
SEC Network
Tennis Channel
NESN
YES Network

ENTERTAINMENT & LIFESTYLE
AMC
BBC America
Bravo
E!
Esquire
Freeform
FX
FXM
FXX
IFC
Nat Geo
Nat Geo Wild
Oxygen
Pop
Smithsonian Channel
Sundance
SyFy
Universal HD
USA
WE tv
YouTube Red Originals

NEWS
BBC World News
CNBC
Fox Business
Fox News
MSNBC
Newsy

KIDS
Disney Channel
Disney Jr
Disney XD
Sprout

SPANISH LANGUAGE
Telemundo
Universo

Sports and premium networks like SHOWTIME, Shudder, Sundance Now and Fox Soccer Plus are also available for an additional monthly charge.
*NFL live streams can be viewed on your computer and TV using YouTube TV, but aren’t available on mobile.

Someone tell me why I shouldn't do this?

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
I had it. Worked great. I dislike using my phone as a remote but other than that no complaints.
You have unlimited DVR and it plays back without commercials. They started with 35 channels and have added more on without jacking the price up.
The only reason I canceled is because I'm still on contract with comcast and even when that is over if I switch to just internet and then youtubetv I will be paying more.
I told the wife once google fiber is in our area (roughly $70) and then youtube tv for $35 I'm all in!
Get the HD chromcast though if you don't have it built into your tv.
It hardly seemed to buffer at all, I have a 75mb connection. Most times it was great. I can't recall a time where I hated it.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Add $50 onto whatever internet plan from Comcast for unlimted data. You only get 1TB of traffic now. Streaming everything is going to add up fast.

I asked about that, they said there's a 12mo special for $25/mo unlimited data. Currently, I'm hitting a max of like 600gb, probably averaging around 450.

I wonder how much this will increase when running full video for all TVs through Youtube... :eek3:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
So this begs the question. When will comcast see the writing on the wall and drop prices? I haven't had cable or internet since April and would like to go a cheaper route than the $150+ we were paying comcast.

I wish my Comcast was just $150/mo... I'm currently paying ~$250/mo. :io:

I'm going to call here in a minute and see if there's anything they can do to drop my price.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I wish my Comcast was just $150/mo... I'm currently paying ~$250/mo. :io:

I'm going to call here in a minute and see if there's anything they can do to drop my price.

In the same boat, if my Comcast bill was $150 a month I wouldn't give a shit, but still have yet to cut the cord... You'd think they would figure it out and lower their prices but I think they'll likely just jack up their internet price or some crap.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
We apparently out here have the lowest Comcast prices in the nation. Because there’s independent fiber that’s through our city.

Anyway, we have literally every channel, including HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, DVR for two TVs, all sports channels, 250mb speed internet WITH their dual band router, and an entire home security system....

For 145 a month. Two year guaranteed price lock. It’s unbelievable.

Once that goes away and we move I’ll look into this though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info