PC MONITOR CHOICE

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Hey TCG,

Looking for some extra feedback on a gaming monitor.

Got some great help from a good buddy of mine, but, looking for a bit further on suggestions/thoughts before I pull the trigger.

Currently, I have a 60hz 27" LED monitor in full 1080. Since upgrading to a 1070 I noticed the picture was slightly different, but, still good quality.

After playing on a 144hz monitor with a 1060 card, there is a decent difference in smooth gameplay.

So, from my understanding, here's what I've got:

1080P/144HZ would be great for smoother gameplay
1440P/144HZ would be great for better graphic quality out of games

Thoughts on the above?

Anyone have experience with good monitor brands?

Currently looking at 27" Asus/Acer monitors and my budget ideally with G-Sync and 1440P/144hz is around $400, but, that doesn't seem to be happening.

Part of the upgrade is for my eyes as well. Not sure if it is a gimmick, but, Asus is known for their "eye-care" screens/monitors that help with eye strain. So, another deciding factor.

G-Sync is a must, as well has 27".

Just wondering what monitors are a good choice and if 1080P/144HZ or 1440P/144HZ is a better option based on my current setup.

I want smooth gameplay, but, enhanced graphics.

Thanks TCG
-Chris

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I was considering

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N11QIYW/?tag=tcg21-20

and

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009989

Acer brand

Not sure on their quality compared to ASUS, though.

I've had Acer monitors basically since I've been into computers. Always been great monitors for a good price. Had a 19" Acer for years back in the mid 2000s, I'm still rocking the same 23" 60hz Acer that I bought in 2012.

You have to remember, almost all of these manufacturers who use TN panels (Acer, BenQ, Asus, Samsung, etc, etc) source them from the exact same supplier. It isn't until you get into the pricier IPS panels when the differences are noticeable depending on the panel supplier.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
That definitely makes sense and I had a feeling it was something like that.

what are your thoughts on the best option for a 1070 GPU/I-7 7790K setup?

1440P/144HZ or 1080P/144HZ

Most shooting for overall smoothness but, best graphics quality hands down.

I am leaning toward the 1440P with G-Sync to avoid screen tear I hear is common with Nvidia cards without G-Sync.

Man, You can pretty much buy a 65" TV for this kind of money in a 4K version, LOL.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info