Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Maybe. But probably not.

Lethal Weapon 5: Why Richard Donner Decided It Was Finally Time For The Sequel | lrmonline

Have you heard the news? Riggs and Murtaugh may finally be returning to the big screen! And, as much as I enjoy Clayne Crawford and Damon Wayans for their fairly good tribute to the original Riggs and Murtaugh, as well as showcasing great chemistry on the TV show version of Lethal Weapon, I am talking about THE Martin Riggs and Roger Murtaugh: Mel Gibson and Danny Glover!

Last week, on SpockLight podcast, director of all four Lethal Weapon films, Richard Donner, revealed that he has a story for Lethal Weapon 5, and that Gibson and Danny are “on board.”

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Holy shit, Richard Donner is 90???

Even at 90, Richard Donner is not too old for this sh*t! At least when it comes to teaming up with Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, who will return to star in one final Lethal Weapon film. Donner revealed as much in an interview with The Telegraph, and confirmed that he will indeed direct Riggs and Murtaugh’s final outing.

“This is the final one,” Donner said. “It’s both my privilege and duty to put it to bed. It’s exciting, actually… Hahaha! It’s the last one, I’ll promise you that.”

The Lethal Weapon franchise began in 1987 and has since spawned four films, the last being Lethal Weapon 4 way back in 1998. That film ultimately grossed $285 million at the box office (against a massive $100-150 million budget), but score lukewarm reviews and reactions from critics and audiences alike. Hopefully, Donner has enough juice left to give us something more along the lines of Lethal Weapon 2 so the series can go out with a bang.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I'd be in for this. If you think about it, it's been 33 years since the first one, and both guys (their characters) were clearly 30's or early 40's. Glover might have been looking early 50's. In the time that has passed they'd be past retirement age. Definitely still wouldn't be beat detectives.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Lethal Weapon series star Mel Gibson says he's directing Lethal Weapon 5, taking over from late franchise director-producer Richard Donner. According to Deadline, sources close to Gibson say the Braveheart and Hacksaw Ridge filmmaker will also reprise his role of Martin Riggs as he steps behind the camera for Lethal Weapon 5. A deal has not been closed for Gibson to direct the long-gestating sequel to 1998's Lethal Weapon 4, which Gibson continued to develop after Donner died in July at the age of 91.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info