Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
No joke.

A Quentin Tarantino Star Trek Movie Might Be On Its Way

Here’s a story that sounds so out-of-this-world that I almost thought it was a prank: Quentin Tarantino might be joining the Star Trek franchise. A new report indicates Tarantino pitched a concept for a new Trek film to Star Trek producer J.J. Abrams, and that Abrams is planning to assemble a writer’s room to make Tarantino’s idea a reality. If it works out, Tarantino might direct the next Star Trek film himself. Again, we’re not making this up.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
500.gif

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
so Samuel L Jackson is going to have phaser, kill everyone on the enterprise and scream "die mother fucker". Uhura, suck my dick! Spock, help Uhura suck my dick! Scotty, beam me down to motherfucker land and suck my dick! God this movie is going to be awesome!...........motherfucker!!!!!!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
This movie is going to be rated... R.

Gene Roddenberry will be rolling in his grave. Sorry Gene.

As in language, sex, death. Could be the highest selling Star Trek ever.

Kirk having sex? Uhura having sex? More honest banter where the characters swear occasionally? Phasers frying faces? It's Tarantino. Gotta be phasers frying faces.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

As in language, sex, death. Could be the highest selling Star Trek ever.

Kirk having sex? Uhura having sex? More honest banter where the characters swear occasionally? Phasers frying faces? It's Tarantino. Gotta be phasers frying faces.

I think the original series suggested plenty about Kirk having sex. Maybe I'm wrong?

I think people hate that in Star Trek and Star wars that no one died. OK Star Trek is about a ship of explorers. They carry stun guns and that makes sense. They visit places with hostile races. They all can't be so lucky as to never have a alien race kill one of their own. Then you have the stormtroopers never hit anything. It's ridiculous.

People like the realistic movies. People have sex, people die, things happen that are not always pleasant. I just hope Tarantino doesn't go overboard. It doesn't need nudity, it doesn't need gallons of blood per person shot, or extra gore, which his films usually have. I think a blend of the newest versions films and their action meeting Tarantino's style somewhere in the middle. That could lead to some pretty cool action sequences.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
People did die in Star Trek. Tasha Yar died in Next Generation. The red shirted crewmen often died in the original series to the point that wearing a red shirt on a mission has been joked about in parodies.

I get what you are saying but Tarantino is known for taking movies over the top. It will be interesting to see how far he goes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info