Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So from the start, this show takes great advantage of 4k / Doby Vision. Inky blacks and great, bright lights. The cinematography is also (mostly) fantastic.

Sam Waterson (of Law and Order fame) is in this which I love. Music is also solid.

My biggest gripe after episode 1 is the dialogue is severely lacking. I'm not sure if thats b/c dialogue in the 1880s was fairly basic or what, but its lacking and not very engaging. B/c of that, the acting itself kind of falls flat.

BUT, its the first episode and they are often not the best at showing what the show has to offer.

Definitely sticking with it.

ALSO, it has an enjoyably title sequence...and when a show has that, I'm usually sucked in.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
First episode watched. I like. First off I will mirror this makes most excellent use of 4k/HDR dolby vision. The visuals on this show are on par with Marco Polo. It's really quite good visually. It's also a little trippy seeing Sam Waterson and Jeff Daniels together again in such different roles :rofl: Also weird is seeing Scoot McNairy so soon after Halt and Catch Fire ended in a completely different role as well. But I like whats happening so far. I feel like this is something I can take my time with. Will watch more throughout the weekend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info