Movie Pacific Rim Uprising

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I'm cautiously optimistic about this. It has good actors in it but I have a feeling it's going to be cheezy.

Its not like the first movie wasn't cheesy. It was basically the essential action movie featuring giant robots vs dinosaurs. I really hope they carry over the same attention to detail that makes the first one so entertaining.

In fact, I think I will re-watch Pacific Rim tonight.

First one rocked! Loved the soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vU7XqToZso

And yes that score is simply awesome. He did a great job on it. He also did the Iron Man score, "Driving with the Top Down" is a perfectly example of his work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9PhfUsFvj0

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
New trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BAhwgjMvnM

I do not think this will be as good as the first one.....but.....im still down to watch giant robots battle giant creatures (and apparently other giant robots now?) and inadvertently destroy entire cities and kill millions of people in the process.
Sounds like an Avengers movie.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Cant say I'm surprised. I didnt even think the first was that great.
There were really good parts about the 1st. Original concept. Solid supporting cast (Idris was fantastic.) Great fight scenes. Good CGI. The only really shitty parts were the Hunnam (he is terrible) and the fake forced love interest.

The 2nd had no redeeming qualities. None. They took a universe that had a lot of potential and slapped a tween feel to it. All the characters were completely forgettable. The fight scenes were bad. The monsters were lame. The comedic relief made it feel like a shitty B movie. FN2187 trying to do an Idris speech was cringe worthy.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Full disclaimer I watched this on my phone on an airplane, so I avoided judging the CGI or effects.

The CGI and animations lacked the detail and believability of the original one.

In #1 Gypsy Danger moved like giant heavy robot. It wasn't super agile but hit like thousands of tons of bricks. The movements were mechanical. The details as they crushed, stepped, or fell on things were excellent and brought to life the idea of a almost 300ft tall robot.

#2 the Jeagers dance around like gymnasts and they just don't move believably.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I watched it with my son. I checked out at some point and was cleaning up the kitchen...just looking up occasionally. I'm sure it was because I wasn't paying attention the whole time, but I didn't really understand the plot.

#2 doesn't make sense because they say that the Kaiju are always heading for Mt Fuji and the other cities "get in the way".

Except, in Pacific Rim, the Kaiju ONLY ever come from ONE, SINGLE, RIFT on the floor of the Pacific Ocean.

This means that the Kaiju would ALWAYS originate from a singular location, making it easy to monitor when one appears. So the Map they show in PR2 just doesn't make sense at all as it contradicts the previous movie.

And hell, that makes it easy to fix. Just drop a Nuclear bomb and let it sit next to the rift. Kaiju come through, Bomb goes BOOM.

Setup another bomb to for the next Kaiju that comes through.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info