hey nerds buy this mouse

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
41I%2BLa0eXHL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

http://amzn.to/2wRcwKZ logitech mx master

so, i needed a new mouse. my wireless one seems to have become worse over time. it would connect, but it just wouldn't track across a surface right, and it kind of didn't even matter how pristine that surface was. M510. became frustrating and annoying well over a year ago but i've lived with it and traveled with 2 mice (one a wired gaming one) and 2 laptops, would swap the wired when i really wanted to.

went searching around for what's good, and they still even sell that M510. but enter the mx master - this thing is awesome! i haven't tried it, but it has angled beam/sensors so it's even supposed to work on glass. up to 1600 dpi. it's worked perfectly on everything i've put it on thus far. you can bluetooth synch it to up to 3 computers and just switch with a button on the bottom. it has a thumb scroll for editing photos or videos and scrolling side to side. feels good. thumb pad is actually a button too.

but my favorito is this wheel. it has a button on it to put it in let it rip free/fast scroll mode, or the normal geared mode. but here's the best part - you can just whip the wheel while in geared mode and it will switch over to the latter, then return to gear mode. it's awesome. no scrolling then deciding aw fuck it you really need to grab that side bar - if you're working in something with a lot of rows like excel or some source code, you can just throw that fucker down and spin freely until you want more precise movement. it's awesome. i highly recommend.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
While I prefer a two button gaming mouse for games, when it comes to desktop productivity and daily office chores I still end up coming back to Apple's Magic Mouse.

The fact that its basically a moving trackpad is awesome. I love the multi touch gestures.

Now granted, it only works well that way because apple built all the gestures into the OS.

That said, the Magic Mouse is crap for gaming. The same stuff that makes it awesome at multi-touch gestures means it doesn't always pick up right clicks correctly in a gaming situation.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
This guy claims is better than some other wireless mouse.

The Logitech Performance MX was my all-time favorite mouse I ever owned\used. But the battery life was unbearable and rather disappointing to say the least. A fully charged battery sometimes would last me anywhere from a day to two days before showing the low-battery warning on screen. The scroll modes that you can switch with the button on top were great but if I switched to free scroll, it was too fast to control which I would adjust but then switching back to regular mode would make it too slow would I would have to readjust again to make normal. Not on this MX Master where the wheel is fine tuned with more control available in the sense that ratchet mode is flexible which really makes free scroll mode not even necessary to switch to. The battery life on the MX Master is nothing short of absolutely phenomenal with an astronomical improvement of a difference over the Performance MX. I received this mouse on Sunday April 5th, used it at work the following day and have used it at home everyday afterwards. Not once have I plugged it in or even connected any charging cables to it since opening the box on April 5th. It's now April 11th and I've used this mouse daily with a minimum of 4-7 hours a day all week long. The battery life shows Good with a picture of about 75% life remaining on the battery. On the Performance MX, I would've probably had to recharge the battery at the very least 3-4 times by now. The ability to connect this mouse to 3 difference devices that you can switch between with a click of a button is genius and makes it so much better\easier to use with different devices without having to move the receiver every time I need to use a different device. All in all, if you were in love with the Performance MX mouse, you will absolutely love the MX Master. This mouse is truly the next best thing after Performance MX as it encompasses everything that the Performance MX was and improves all of those features even further. Highly recommend to anyone that owns the Performance MX and appreciates the level of technological performance it offered.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
[MENTION=341]sickmint79[/MENTION] what are you getting out of your battery life?

I was very unimpressed with every wireless mouse before this, and been using a wired G502 for a couple years because of it. This mouse I like and must require more consumption to do what it does.

i'm not sure, the LEDs on the side will show you what's up. it's supposed to charge pretty fast. i never know how fast cuz i just pop it in then go shower or something. i don't log how long i'm on a compy (which is plenty of the time) but it feels like it lasts pretty long, although i groan when it does die. i'm definitely not plugging it in all the time, since 8/30 i think i've charged it twice?

i wonder if consumption changes between how you link it to the compy too. it's tied to my work laptop over the usb dongle and bluetooth to my personal laptop.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info