Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Obi-Wan Movie in Development at Lucasfilm - ComingSoon.net

The Hollywood Reporter brings word that the “anthology” branch of Star Wars movies are about to gain another notable addition with the fan-favorite idea of an Obi-Wan Kenobi spin-off film.

The trade reports that Stephen Daldry (Billy Elliot, The Hours, The Reader) is in early talks to helm the feature and with no script in place, he would be able to oversee its development.

What fans have especially been eager for, however, is that Ewan McGregor would reprise as the character, having played him in Episodes 1, 2, and 3 of the franchise. THR notes that no actors are currently attached to the project, but McGregor has previously expressed a lot of interest in returning.

01R2Ndy.gif

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

I supposed they could age him up to fit the "A New Hope" era star wars.

But there seem to be more interesting stories for Obi-wan between him being taken as Qui-gon's padawan, and before prequel episode 1.

Although, something that takes place between EP3 and EP4 could work too. Vader in his prime chasing Obi-wan. Except it always felt like that after EP3 obi-wan just dropped luke off the Lars and became hermit.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
It will be between ROTS and ANH. My guess is it will be 50% Obi Wan doing Force stuff (force ghosts, new powers, talking to Yoda), 15% him being a hermit and fighting off Sand People, 5% looking after Luke from afar, 20% a love story and 10% cuts back to Vader being a bad ass trying to hunt him down.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
It will be between ROTS and ANH. My guess is it will be 50% Obi Wan doing Force stuff (force ghosts, new powers, talking to Yoda), 15% him being a hermit and fighting off Sand People, 5% looking after Luke from afar, 20% a love story and 10% cuts back to Vader being a bad ass trying to hunt him down.

Which is why I think his padawan era is more interesting. There's a ton of material that can be adapted to the canon movie universe.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The only way this should go is a one man show. With him playing the ultimate game of hide and seek against Vader. Three hours of him talking to himself in a cave. With the last shot being of him taking a piss on a rock when he starts walking towards the sounds of sand people fucking with a land speeder.

Nothing else makes sense. Nothing.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Also, Ewan sucked as Obi :io:

You shut your whore mouth.

This makes me worry that Disney is going to ruin starwars.

Cause Lucas was doing SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. :hsughlol:

Disney is being Disney with Star Wars. Until I see a complete dud, like EP1 or lower, I welcome my mouse overlord issued Star Wars movies.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
The only reason ROTS wasn't complete shit is because you can't possibly fuck up what fans have been begging to see for decades. Even though it was rushed and vague everyone like ROTS because you actually get to see Anakin become Vader. Take that away and ROTS is shit too. Lucas cut out a whole subplot that would have made the movie better too.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Let the Millennials believe they are good movies. lol

1,2 & 3 sucked. The acting was horrible. The CGI was horrible. Move on. Just not with Jabba the Hutt. Who cares about a character that can't even move on his own? Where is the Bubba Fett movie? That is one of the few origins/early character development anyone really wants to see.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info