My newest Retropie project

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So I saw a video on taking apart a NES controller, and having a newer lower piece 3D printed and mounting a pi Zero into it. Then soldering the connections from the controller to the GPIO pins to get power and data. I then found another video where the guy used a standard USB clone and soldered to the USB itself and the power pads of the Pi. I decided to take a stab at it.

Ill admit, my soldering skills are not the best, but for being a first time after a little practice, it works and doesnt look terrible.

Pi%20soldered.jpg

The lower plate was a file that I got from Thingverse, and had printed at the Addison Library.

lower%20plate.jpg

lower%20plate%202.jpg

Soldered and mounted.

Pi%20in%20lower%20plate.jpg

Pi%20in%20lower%20plate%202.jpg

All together.

assembled%202.jpg

assembled%201.jpg

assembled%203.jpg

I loaded retropie and only systems that use 2 or less buttons. Which is NES, Sega Masters System, PC Engine (TurboGrafx 16) Atari 2600, GB, GBC, GBA (I forgot about the shoulder buttons and mario kart is unplayable. Ill most likely remove GBA) and Game Gear.

I think I have more fun building these than playing them. Im the [MENTION=5219]ZXMustang[/MENTION] of rasberry pis. :rofl:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Fish
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list