ATTN NERDs.. gaming mice?

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Im still rocking and have always rocked the standard black microsoft 3 button laser mouse.

I want to upgrade. THIS IS FOR FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS

I am a PALM ON MOUSE gamer.. and my wrist is FIXED to the bottom of my mouse pad... that is just how I have always gamed..

What is the bees knees in the UNDER $100 department?

DPI? Tell me about DPI?

I feel like (if im sniping) I will overshoot the enemy when trying to aim at them. ive adjusted sensitivity a million times and made sure mouse acceleration is off as well.

I think its time for a real mouse. I think this thing is only like 400DPI or something.

Logitech? Corsair?

Ive read great reviews on both of these... thoughts??

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019OB663A/?tag=tcg21-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D63UU52/?tag=tcg21-20

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I don't know man, when I jack my DPI up like that, I end up overshooting when I compensate. I seem to do better in FPS without insanely high DPI.

I have the M65 pro and the sniper button is in a terrible spot, especially if you've got sausage fingers like I do. "Oh hey, I'd like to slow down my DPI so I can be more accurate, let's first shift right as adequate pressure must be applied to the button, which is in a crevasse with more concavity than my thumb fits well into"....

I always end up reverting to my G9X for FPS. I have a Naga, G600, Lachesis, G9X, and the G65 pro.

G600 for MMO type games, G9X or G65 Pro for FPS. But the G65 was a waste IMO, I don't really gain anything from it over the G9X and the G9X has a better form factor and balance IMO. I'm also a fixed wrist gamer, DPI in the 4k+ range still feels insane to me, I'm more comfortable in the 2.4k-3k range. Fixed wrist also means I get more range of motion out of the smaller G9X form factor.

As far as drivers/software goes.... They all have been painful in their own ways from time to time, especially Logitech if you've got multiple generations of their gaming hardware on the same machine, e.g. my X3D Pro, G13, and G600 have shit fits all the time when they're all connected. Oddly enough, the suite/hardware combinations I've had the least amount of trouble with have been the Razer stuff. Hardware quality has always seemed to be best with the Logitech stuff I've owned, minus the problems they have with their cord feed into the devices (shitty or no anchoring).

All of this is on a 1080 system FWIW. Too po' for that higher def stuff.

RobFRC

C5, GTO, LSE.
TCG Premium
May 29, 2013
Bolingbrook
^my GF has that mouse and I've used it a lot. She has the razer shit and I have the steelseries shit. I'd say it performs the same as the steelseries 300 but the lighting on it is much more appealing.

My recommendation... Whatever you get for a mouse, run the same manufacturers keyboard and possibly even headset. Each brand installs software onto your PC to change settings and colors for all the new rgb shit so its better to have them all in on program than separate programs for each one running in the background. If you have a steelseries mouse, corsair keyboard, and razer headset, now you have 3 applications to launch on startup and run in the background for your peripherals.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
that logitech g502 is the way to go. i've always :nutz: off of logitech stuff though

you want high dpi, low in game sensitivity for accuracy. basically up the DPI on the mouse, then adjust the in game sensitivity to what feels best to you. a good mouse makes all the difference in FPS

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I used to have a Razer DeathAdder 3.5G that I had for many many years. It finally broke and I bought a new DeathAdder 4G and it broke within a month. Laser started freaking out and one button stopped working. I'm not hard on the mice at all.

I finally said fuck it and bought a Logitech G700S mouse and have had great luck with it. It has four thumb buttons, two programmed as "Mouse 4" and "Mouse 5" and then two others you can set to any key you want. I set them to [ and ] because those keys are rarely if ever used and I can then set them in any game and use the four thumb buttons.

Honestly, I've always gamed at usually the 2nd or 3rd lowest DPI setting, 800 or 1200 DPI usually. The G700S is really nice because it has "on-the-fly" DPI button right next to your pointer finger. For example, if I'm playing Arma and I'm in a city, I'll turn the DPI up a click or two for CQB but when I'm sniping, I'll set it to the lowest setting for finer movement at long range.

Shit, if you could find an old Logitech MX518 that still works, use that fucker until the apocalypse, literally. Best god damn mouse I had ever used.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I guess Im still a console peasant at heart. I cant WSAD what so ever for just about any game. I use a wireless Xbox one controller for all games except for the point and click turn based games like Simcity and Civ Rev. I just cant get the fingers to work correctly. I know it takes practice, but I do just fine against the PC Elite with their KB/M.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I guess Im still a console peasant at heart. I cant WSAD what so ever for just about any game. I use a wireless Xbox one controller for all games except for the point and click turn based games like Simcity and Civ Rev. I just cant get the fingers to work correctly. I know it takes practice, but I do just fine against the PC Elite with their KB/M.

Wait, so you DONT use what makes PC gaming the best when it comes to shooters?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Part of me wants to upgrade my mouse/keyboard combo, but Im wondering if I should. I know for sure I need to upgrade my headset before hand. Was looking at this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0178Q8WU8/?tag=tcg21-20

Watch a video from reviewtechusa and he promoted that one in a video saying he used it for the audio and it sounded really good. For the price its almost hard to not try it at least.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info