Kodi 17.1 Krypton Has Been Released

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
New Kodi build has been released.

To update, go here. New KODI 17 Krypton Setup and Exodus Install | WirelesSHack

Use the Release: Installer, the more recent nightly installers didn't work right. Kodi will update on its own as the developers OK the releases.

Note: I needed to restart after installing Krypton then uninstall and reinstall Exodus. It initially came up as "broken". The method in the link did not give me a working repository but the Fusion repository already in place worked. I imagine I will need to update other addons as I get to them. If single clicks don't do anything while you are installing addons, try a double click.

The new build kicks ass so far. It's logical and seems easier to navigate than build 16.

Maybe we can post our experiences good and bad as we switch to Krypton to help each other. I have an hour in with it and Exodus is now working well.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Catching up on the Kodi state of the art, I'm bummed that the developer of Exodus is no longer updating it. Other people are going to try to keep it going. We'll see how that works out.

There's a new addon called Specto Fork which is moving up the charts. Some people are saying it will be a replacement for Exodus. It's a fork derived from Exodus. Screenshots look almost identical.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I didn't like it when the Beta was released for it. I went back to the old style since I'm just used to it. Don't like the way it navigates.

I didn't like the side to side scroll of the old style. Krypton scrolls vertically which just feels better to me. It's still way too new to decide if I really like it but, so far, I'm happy with it except for the too fast scrolling. Maybe my mouse isn't precise enough (Logitech M705).

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Catching up on the Kodi state of the art, I'm bummed that the developer of Exodus is no longer updating it. Other people are going to try to keep it going. We'll see how that works out.

There's a new addon called Specto Fork which is moving up the charts. Some people are saying it will be a replacement for Exodus. It's a fork derived from Exodus. Screenshots look almost identical.

Yeah, Exodus will stick around despite dude retiring. Thanks for the tip on Specto Fork, I'll have to try that one out and see how I like it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info