Top Gear America Reboot Has Landed And Here Are Its Three Hosts

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
alwitxyqosd1wkulpmoi.png

With the demise of Top Gear USA, there’s a new American Top Gear coming later this year! This time, though, it’ll be called—wait for it, wait for it—Top Gear America, and will be hosted by actor William Fichtner, drag racer Antron Brown and auto journalist Tom “Wookie” Ford. Can this succeed where Top Gear USA didn’t?

You’ll remember William Fichtner as the badass in films like Armageddon and The Dark Knight. He often plays a strict, reserved character, which makes it interesting that he’ll be hosting what is, essentially, just a show about dudes playing around with cars. Who knows, maybe he’s got a lighter side that I’m not used to seeing.

Alongside Fichtner will be Antron Brown, a world-champion drag racer who we showed a few years ago walking away from a massive explosion on the drag strip.

In addition to the actor and drag racer will be a British auto journalist Tom “Wookie” Ford, who you’ll undoubtedly remember as the dorky bearded guy from Fifth Gear.

So we’ve got a dorky bearded man, a race car driver and a celebrity. Sounds familiar.

All three of the new hosts are supposedly gearheads, so that’s good.

The show will launch on BBC America later this year. The network says it will involve reviews of “exclusive and state-of-the-art vehicles,” as well as old-school quintessential American iron. There will be a leader board for celebrity guests who compete to get the best lap times around the track at Speed Vegas, and, of course, there will be a Stig.

It’s all sorta familiar, except there are three new hosts, and we all know that when it comes to shows like Top Gear, it all comes down to chemistry between the hosts. We’ll see how William, Antron and Tom get along in the eight episodes expected to air later this year.

Wait. What?! :rofl:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
In some point in the future, can we finally get Matt Farah for one of these roles?

The funny part is when /Drive did the specials with Farrah, Spinelli, and Harris they were entertaining. Part of that was because they weren't trying to copy the Trio. They were just being themselves, but doing a shoot together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ntw8HTygA8

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
the first top gear america actually got good once they stopped trying to copy TGUK. that trio formed some chemistry, and was entertaining IMO. too bad it got axed

This. I rather liked us top gear once it found its own groove. This reboot.....i don't have the same confidence in. But im all about more car shows on tv, so I'll check it out at least.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info