A Series of Unfortunate Events (Netflix)

Nitrous Chevy

Breathe if you're Horny
Jan 10, 2017
America
Watched em all last week. Not really worth wasting your time imo. It was just like annoyingly weird and dumb with the way they kept dragging on with the kids switching around homes and the uncle that only the kids would recognize. Smh.. it would be good for a kids show like 10-14 year olds that would like the goosebumps type shows as well.

Nitrous Chevy

Breathe if you're Horny
Jan 10, 2017
America
I might be way off, its just the vibe I get...maybe its the style, as Brian mentioned.

It was really an off type vibe movie. I don't even know why i forced myself to watch them all. Nothing else was on i guess. Low budget tv show type vibe i think. You know like the low budget movies feel with the bad acting and cheap scenery. Btw i was not the Brian in the quote even tho my name is Brian too.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
We were babysitting tonight and started watching an episode with my niece and nephew and they did not like it at all :rofl: Got in 10 minutes before they lost interest (maybe the whole parents dying in a fire thing turned them off). I also picked up on the Wes Anderson similarities and will be revisiting.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
It's not low budget. It's supposed to look somewhat cartoony and fake. Over the top kind of. Actually comparing it to Wes Anderson stuff is a pretty spot on assessment.

Otherwise it's just following the books. So if you don't like the books you won't like the show. I think it's really good if a bit slow at times. I'm not sure why Netflix calls it a kids show though. It's pretty dark for kids.

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
Dunno how you can form an accurate opinion about the story in just 2 eps

That's the glory of the age we live in. There aren't just 4 channels on the TV and you're stuck watching whatever is on. There's a ton of good content out there. So much so that if something doesn't "immediately" catch your eye, you can just say screw it and move on.

Though I suppose this does put more stress on shows to really pull us in quickly, as opposed to building up a good story that gets better as you watch more of it. Though, the really good shows are able to do both.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
That's the glory of the age we live in. There aren't just 4 channels on the TV and you're stuck watching whatever is on. There's a ton of good content out there. So much so that if something doesn't "immediately" catch your eye, you can just say screw it and move on.

Though I suppose this does put more stress on shows to really pull us in quickly, as opposed to building up a good story that gets better as you watch more of it. Though, the really good shows are able to do both.

It's ruining the industry because shows are being forced to blow their proverbial load right off the back. Shows like Lost and Seinfeld wouldn't make it through a full season in this era of television.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info