[spoilers] Dr Strange

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
A forgettable addition to the Marvel Universe. The best part of the movie are the end credits scenes. Maybe its because I'm not a Dr Strange fan, I never followed the comics at all.

The magic combat just didn't work all that well. The music was largely forgettable. The humor and seriousness was somewhat sparse. There is a bit in the movie that they just drag the scene on far too long.

Just not that sold on this movie. I'm not even sure if I'm going to buy it. Probably not, even though I originally told myself I was going to own the ENTIRE MCU collection.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I liked it. A lot more magical fantasy combined with the Marvel Universe. Not a 10 but definitely watchable, especially for an intro to the character movie. Doctor Strange 2 won't have to intro and will be able to spend more time on good vs. evil battling.

I thought the growth of Doctor Strange was too quick but it's hard to fit an education and a battle for humanity into two hours.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Just came back from it. How it has a 90% fresh is beyond me. I went in with zero expectations....was boring. Really bad dialogue. The humor all felt forced. AWFUL villains. The final battle was dumb as fuck. The whoel world bending shit was cool but thats really where anything good ended.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Little late to the party on this one cuz I always felt like I wouldn't be missing much w/ this movie........and I was right. I mean it wasn't horrible, but by the end of it I was just like, yeah alright. The whole inception world manipulating stuff was fun. But even that felt over used by the end. They did have an extremely great cast in this movie. But this movie still didnt really feel important. I guess you could say it was sort of........strange?

:csi:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I think it was just too formulaic. Heres a guy, a thing happens to him, he goes to a place, gains a mystical power, cue training montage, bada bing bada boom hes now the master somehow. This felt like it should have been a netflix series. Tho instead of being over in 2 hours it would have been stretched out over 13. But at least they would have been able to build up his powers a little more believable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info