Uverse and Comcast X1 Questions

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I have nothing to compare it to other than Comcast from a few years ago but I love Uverse (yes I'm a little biased since it pays my bills). The menus are easy to navigate, finding a show at a random time is as easy as typing the name into the search, I don't have a problem with the DVR portion but then again I'm not trying to record 8 different shows in HD at the same time. I had an almost full DVR stock but when you're getting close to capacity it will alert you to it when you try to record, or you just set a different priority when you initially record a series and it will delete from oldest to newest automatically if space is needed for a new recording.

Plus once the initial "bugs" are worked out of the pair of wires feeding your U-Verse signal it's relatively problem free.........unless your serving cable is old as fuck, then you just have to wait for a team of knuckle dragging linemen like me to replace the cable.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Only thing I can say is that I had standard xfinity and then u-verse and then switched to X1. I obviously don't need to tell you the Internet with Comcast is much better, but I will tell you X1 is much better than u-verse. The u-verse boxes and menus were slow and laggy and the wireless boxes needed to be reset for losing connection about once a month. Standard Comcast was garbage for cable but X1 is incredible.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
The service works, its mostly reliable by me and the interface isn't terrible. X1 is WAY better than the older DVRs.

HOWEVER, the price is horrendous and the service is plain terrible. BAD. Pisses me off to spend as much money with them as I do... but I don't have a damn choice other than to cut the cord. I'm still not convinced that is an easy task.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
X1 is ok but my remote is laggy as fuck and doesn't register half the time. The other half, you'll get a bunch of commands queued up in the remote and then finally when you punch the fifth or sixth button, it sends all the previous traffic out in burst mode.

I would have said U-Verse is preferable for TV before the X1 system, but I think as long as you don't have the issues I have, X1 is significantly better. Internet speeds are a no brainer too, not sure how the U-Verse fiber does though.

I hate the hell out of both companies but they're all I have to choose from besides DirecTV

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
The service works, its mostly reliable by me and the interface isn't terrible. X1 is WAY better than the older DVRs.

HOWEVER, the price is horrendous and the service is plain terrible. BAD. Pisses me off to spend as much money with them as I do... but I don't have a damn choice other than to cut the cord. I'm still not convinced that is an easy task.

Pretty much sums up my response.

I do like the voice remote with x1 and haven't had any issues except my internet get's flakey every so often.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin

If you live where I think you live you have a fiber to the terminal in your backyard. AT&T fiber isn't working in your area?

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I want a fiber terminal in my backyard. I have uverse tv and enjoy it, its a solid product. Cisco makes the tv boxes, mine are hard wired with RG6/Q.

I tried the new X1 and didn't really care for it, I know its silly but I missed the PIP preview mode when channel surfing with u-verse.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I got X1. LOVE the interface and the voice remote. We are on a badass promotion for 24 months (12 months in), and its only $143 a month for the 2 X1 DVRs with HBO and Encore only and the blast 105 internet. Not too bad if you ask me. The minute it goes back up to the $250 or so its supposed to be, I will cancel and move on or strong arm them into another discount promotion.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Bumping an old thread hoping others will chime in on this?
Our contract with Uverse is up and thinking of making the switch to Xfinity.
Our internet is absolutely horrible with Uverse which is the main reason we are thinking of switching. Friends of ours in Streamwood just made the switch a week ago and are pretty happy......but its only been a week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info