iOS help - iPhone deleted all my music

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Anybody have any idea why all my music that was on my iphone was deleted?

Now the music app only shows songs I've downloaded from iTunes for the past year. It wont show them if I don't have a data connection, except for the song I just purchased today.

I had about 500+ songs on my phone that weren't from iTunes that are now all gone from my phone. :mad: Is there a way to fix this?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Unfortunately this is just apple being assholes. They are doing the same thing to peoples desktop music collections. If it doesnt come from iTunes they are actually deleting it from the local device...which is fucking outrageous.

Supposedly its a "bug" and they are investigating it.

On your original Mac, Apple Music will never delete songs without your knowledge. Your original library is scanned into iCloud, but your songs are yours, and Apple will not automatically delete them, or replace them with its own proprietary copies.

On an iPhone, iPad, or secondary Mac, this process is different: Any songs you play on those devices are sourced directly from your iCloud Music Library, and even if you download them locally, they can be removed from your device if your iPhone's storage space dips too low.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/itunes-12-4-is-here-but-music-deletion-issue-remains/

http://fortune.com/2016/05/14/apple-itunes-deleting-music/

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
My Ipod recently became unconnectable to itunes too with their update. And I couldn't add any new music to my itunes either from my desktop. Pisses me off.

A lot of people are saying the older units are being purposely banned from the newer itunes apps because they want you to upgrade to newer devices. I've been using my Itouch for about 7 years now flawlessly with no issues, now I can't even connect it to my computer to add music onto it.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I am so glad I have backups and load every song through iTunes. So it won't go bye bye.

Most of my collection isn't from Apple because I buy the CDs then rip them losslessly in ALAC. For the most perfect backup of the CD. Then the CD goes into a vault to never be touched again.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
My next phone won't be an iPhone any more. The last 2 I had both became useless after all of their "updates". Even with memory left, they made my phone runs so poorly they were un useable. I refuse to update my current iPhone and never will if I have a choice about it. I had to get a computer program to rip all of my music off of my iPhone so it is backed up in case of an emergency. My playlist has been collected before iTunes even existed so it won't recognize any of my music accept the two albums I bought recently.

Sorry for your loss buddy, I am pretty sure your music is all gone.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
After the firmware before last, my wife's phone just dies at random times. Her phone can be at 40% then just die. Try turning it on and you get the icon as if it needs to be charged. Put it on the charger and it immediately says it has 40% remaining. It never did that before but started doing that a couple/few updates ago. Same thing with my nieces iphone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info