TV The Detour [TBS]

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
One of my friends told me to watch The Detour. It's a new show Mondays on TBS.

The show follows the adventures of a family, husband, wife, daughter, son, who set off on a trip to Florida. It's MA to the max. Don't want to add spoilers but, in the pilot, they stop at the Banana Creamery and the kids run inside to get ice cream. Turns out the Banana Creamery doesn't serve ice cream.

The show is sort of a combo of Married With Children combined with Vacation.

I was laughing my ass off during the first two episodes. Saving the rest for later.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Already renewed for Season 2. Season 2 will be 13 episodes.

I was reading an interview about the cast. Just before the scene where the parents are explaining the facts of life, the daughter's real life mom had to explain the facts of life to her so she would be believable in the scene. Too funny.

It must be hard to have your kid starring in an adult comedy. Where do you draw the line?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Yeah, it's great to have your kid making the $$ and on TV but what are the long term consequences? Lindsay Lohan and Miley Cyrus come to mind.

The daughter is 12 in real life and I would not want my kid in that environment. In episode 3, she's giving a breathalyzer a literal hummer. Can't be good for her development once she discovers what the writers are having her do.

Regardless, it's not my daughter and a hell of a show.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info