Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Multiplayer beta hits soon.

Fucking awesome.

More notable is a new gameplay mode called Dodgeball. In this mode, once you die, you don't immediately respawn. Instead, you're left on the sidelines until someone on your team makes a kill -- you then get to jump back in. Every kill your team makes brings back another player from the sidelines, and it makes for some pretty wild changes of pace in a match. You and a teammate could be in a dire two-on-four situation, but one kill both takes out one enemy and brings back one of your companions, making it an even three-on-three match. Wild changes of fortune aren't common, but in the time I spent playing dodgeball I definitely saw a few comebacks where one team was down to one-on-five, and The Coalition said those types of crazy comebacks are the kind of thing they had in mind when building that new gameplay mode.

As for what defines a GoW multiplayer game, Fergusson referenced "intimate violence" -- it's all about getting right up to your enemy and taking them out in the most grisly way possible. To that end, The Coalition added some new close-combat moves to vary gameplay and provide new opportunities to get up close and personal with the competition. The "yank and shank," lets you pull an enemy hiding behind cover over to you, leaving the vulnerable for an up-close kill.

The "vault kick" lets you run full-speed towards a barrier where an enemy is hiding, leap over it and kick them square in the face. Again, the enemy is wide open for a brutal, close-range kill, and that's not a coincidence. Fergusson said that using cover to get up close to combatants and take them out with your knife or chainsaw was a defining part of the GoW experience that was missing in the last game -- that's where the inspiration for these new moves game from.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
Jesus christ, tried redeeming my code tonight. Had to sign into geforce to get the code, then find out how to use it. Which it doesnt say anything. So I get onto Orgin to see if its on there, orgin doesnt carry it. (after i had to redo my password for 10 minutes) Then finally realize after reading on the microsoft page I have to redeem the code to download on the microsoft store. Which I never even used before. So I find my way to redeem the stupid ass code. 80 gigs of space. I use Steam and barely orgin, only for BF1 now when it comes out. Now I have to go through god damn microsoft store too. This is retarded. Why cant everyone fuck off and just let Steam be the whole supplier and user of pc games.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Jesus christ, tried redeeming my code tonight. Had to sign into geforce to get the code, then find out how to use it. Which it doesnt say anything. So I get onto Orgin to see if its on there, orgin doesnt carry it. (after i had to redo my password for 10 minutes) Then finally realize after reading on the microsoft page I have to redeem the code to download on the microsoft store. Which I never even used before. So I find my way to redeem the stupid ass code. 80 gigs of space. I use Steam and barely orgin, only for BF1 now when it comes out. Now I have to go through god damn microsoft store too. This is retarded. Why cant everyone fuck off and just let Steam be the whole supplier and user of pc games.
Mine kept erroring when downloading on PC. I think it's just my shit internet, but it sucked

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info