Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ok SO...here is my theory based on everything that happened in 7.

Rey is Lukes daughter. She was training at the temple when Kylo came and murdered everyone, but her. She got away (either by Luke or on her own). Luke then used the force to wiper her memory or at the least, block our any remembrance of her identity and time spent at the temple and left her on Jaku. The kicker....her mother is also a Jedi, but she was killed by Kylo. This would explain why she is so in tune with the Force and was able to tap into it. It also explains the flashback to Kylo and the Knights of Ren ;)

So for now, thats where I'll leave my thoughts.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Well, EU has Luke and Mara Jade. So I suppose its a possibility. She did get a hang of the force pretty quick though, almost too fast I felt.

Still pissed they killed off Han, but I guess he wanted Solo to die in RotJ. Did anyone notice Chewie walking right past Leia at the end? They had just gotten off the Falcon, Hans dead, and Chewie walks right past her? Off screen consolation?

All in all, it felt like A New Hope remixed.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I was not really affected by Hans death...maybe b/c you could see it coming from a mile away...the setup was extremely "soft" but it was a respectable sendoff, especially considering I figured Ford's performance was going to be terrible.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I thought Chewie and Leia were gonna hug for sure...but it was weird he walked right by her. Maybe it was supposed to signify that he blames her / the rebellion / the republic?

One thing I'm still puzzling out is the separation between the Republic, and the Resistance. The Rebel Alliance was made up of loyalists who then overthrew empire. At the end of RotJ, yay, big party. And it would sense that they'd retake Coruscant. And that the planet the Star Killer blew up looked like Coruscant to me.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
They said the republic was supporting the resistance. Then blew up the republic planets.

I'm not questioning that they blew up Republic planets, just that the planet looked an awful lot like Coruscant. One of the first things the Rebellion would have done would be to retake Coruscant.

I'm just hoping they explain why the "resistance" even exists if its core members were made up of the former Rebels.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Luckily there wasnt too much of that at the show last night. I mean there was, but it was an appropriate length.

We had a guy behind us that was like full on BELLOWING with laughter at any Han / Chewie interaction :rofl: [MENTION=239]Turk[/MENTION]

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I was not really affected by Hans death...maybe b/c you could see it coming from a mile away...the setup was extremely "soft" but it was a respectable sendoff, especially considering I figured Ford's performance was going to be terrible.

I was sad to see his character go but it just didnt hit me in the feels. Honestly, I was expecting Chewie to go.

I don't think his performance was bad. He was moving around pretty good considering at one point he broke his ankle during filming. Harrison Ford injured by Millennium Falcon on 'Star Wars' set | The Verge

He at least still has a good tonal range and still sounds like Han Solo. So does Mark Hamil. Carrie Fisher's voice on the other hand? Gone.

As for the setup? I suspected something when they split to plant the bombs. And then Kylo Ren on the bridge? Shouting. It was pretty obvious what was going to happen. I just didn't want it to.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Kylo is undisciplined and fights with emotional. AND he in not a sith or a jedi. He is still in training. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that a trained trooper and a chicken we've seen fight well be able to hold their own. Fin got a few jabs in but ultimately was no match.

I loved the screen presence Ren commanded. From the camera angles to the heavy footsteps. Was great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info