Television opinions and/or help.

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
I thought there was a thread on the newer TV's but didnt find it.

So here's the story, I actually have a great TV (50" Pioneer Elite 1140 Plasma), love it! However, we had rearranged the living room, will stay this way, and there is to much reflection from Windows on the TV. :(
The wife wants a different TV without reflection but I don't want to get rid of the current TV. As many of you know, happy wife, happy life. We just started looking and we saw two that interested us.
Samsung 55" 4k (UN55JU640....) for $748 or
Sharp Aquos 70" 4k (LC-70UC30) for $1749.

I only added the 70" because of the price seemed good. I am trying to figure out the following questions:
-Try to sweet talk the wife into keeping the current Pioneer as I love this Plasma
-Purchase one of the two above and try to sell the Pioneer
-Other options/brands that you may have had experience with and would suggest.

I did tons of research on my current setup but it seems much more difficult to figure out what's good or bad nowadays, even figuring out which brands are the best.

rocco

Addict
Jan 19, 2012
Aurora, IL
I would get the bigger one if I were you. We plan on getting a new 4K within the next year and I plan on getting the biggest one we can put in our living room.

Do you have a basement? That would good be a good place for the plasma where you won't get any reflections. Or maybe mount it in the garage would also be cool.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
I'll take a 50" for my room! :)

I will say sharp tv's are awesome. Mine was working for 10 years before I sold it.
My sony bravia is kicking for about 3 or 4 years now. I LOVE it.

NEVER again will I buy a samsung. Fucking junk. I went through 2 or 3, my brother went through 2, my parents went through 2 of them. All junk IMO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info