Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Kurt Sutter Developing 'Sons of Anarchy' Mayans Spinoff for FX - Hollywood Reporter

The Mayans are set to ride again.

Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter is prepping a potential spinoff to his long-running FX biker drama, which wrapped with record ratings in late 2014. Though it’s still early in the development process, the follow-up will center on the Mayans Motorcycle Club, which played a key role in the original.

For the time being, Sutter, who graces the current cover of The Hollywood Reporter, is keeping mum on details, so questions remain about the time period and the potential for Sons' stars to return. On Sons, the Mayans were positioned as a rival California motorcycle club, comprising mostly Mexican-Americans in the heroin distribution business. The Oakland charter, led by president Marcus Alvarez (played by Emilio Rivera), began the series as SAMCRO’s adversary. But as time went on, SAMCRO built up a tenuous working relationship with the Mayans, both as business partners and partners in crime and turf wars.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
ehhhh, I don't know how I feel about following another motorcycle gang. Maybe they should do it from the flipside of an undercover dea agent trying to infiltrate the gang. Not SamCrow variant number 2.

you mean make another crime show that is a slight variant of the 10,000 others currently being aired?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Give it a chance. The first time I heard about Better Call Saul I couldn't get over what a terrible idea that seemed to be and look at how that turned out.

I just started watching Sons about a month ago. It's really entertaining but you really need to suspend disbelief to watch it. :rofl:

As a fun (or not fun) aside, as I was watching the first few episodes I thought I recognized the building across the street from them. So I look up the address of the Teller Morrow garage set and it's right across the street from my body shop.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info