Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Fear the Walking Dead review: the terror is in the anticipation | The Verge

But it also raises a problematic question for the series, one that’s just slightly different from that asked of the original: How can this thing differentiate itself? According to the show’s creators, the first season of Fear the Walking Dead is going to take place in the four to five months when, in the chronology of the universe, Sheriff Rick Grimes was unconscious in a Georgia hospital. It’s unexplored territory, and as long as we’re waiting for the final shoe of civilization’s collapse to drop, Fear will be able to distinguish itself from its predecessor. But what happens after that goes down? The show’s already been renewed for a second season, and at first glance there are two different directions things could end up going.

One would be to eke out additional storylines in the time before the world collapses. The other would be to follow a group of survivors as they struggle their way through a post-apocalyptic zombie wasteland. The first has potential, but seems unlikely; the second is something we’ve already seen. It’s called The Walking Dead, and it airs Sundays on AMC.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
The creators of the walking dead don't seem to be a fan of keeping things short. Not sure how you'd have a different scenario though, just different character development and interaction? What else is there to do after there's a zombie breakout besides try to survive and find a safe place?

Only other show I can think of (and it's a stretch) is csi where they had the same show but different place. Maybe zombies will commit other crimes besides eating people?

I got nothing, at least the first season should be interesting :rofl:

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I watched the preview and commentary from the cast last week and I'm excited. I'm looking forward to a fresh, different point of view set earlier in time when SHTF. I think the show will do good and should be able to set itself apart from the original. They should be 1.5 years behind the current group? Much will be different, especially the walkers and their behavior and appearance.

rz79

TCG Elite Member
Jun 29, 2009
My only question is this, why has nobody in a zombie show heard of how to kill zombies ??? For example, in the preview it shows PD just unloading on people who continue to advance on them after round after round to the chest..

I'm JUST SAYIN.... If this shit goes down tomorrow, and I'm in my cruiser (assuming I'm a LEO) and people aren't dropping after multiple hits, no matter how improbable I'm gonna draw on common zombie knowledge and start my consecutive headshot points bonus!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Been thinking about this....what are the chances AMC only makes this an "ok" show so that it doesnt suddenly overshadow TWD....meaning, what would happen if this show turns out to be WAY better than their crown jewel...would they actually let that happen?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info