Dark Matter

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I searched and didn't see a thread on Dark Matter yet. Apologies if there is one.

This new SciFi (Hate the Syfy name) show is about 6 people who wake up on a space ship with sirens blaring and sparks flying. None of them have any memories of who they are or how they got there. They name each other One through Six based on when they woke up.

I have watched three episodes so far and the show is really good. The special effects like shields and warp drive are better than Star Trek. There is a hot, badass android on the ship as well. I won't go into details of who these people are but details start to emerge that make me think the series is going to go in interesting directions.

One of the crew is a young girl based somewhat on River Tam from Firefly. There's a not so smart fighter who seems to be copying Jayne from the same series. The "captain" is another hot woman. Crew also has a "pretty boy" who seems to have some common sense, a martial arts expert and a pilot.

I hope this series lasts longer than Firefly. Watch it if you can to see what you think and give them some viewers.

Edit: Just finished episode 5. It is like Firefly, only darker.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Dark Matter reminds me a lot of Firefly. Same type of cowboy mentality and missions. If you liked Firefly, you will probably like Dark Matter.

Episode 1.10 was good. Another mercenary group joins the Dark Matter crew to complete a joint mission. Can't give details but the end is a big cliff hanger.

There's another android involved. When the android wakes up, 3 knows what's coming. His comments are great.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
1-12. Androids are badass!

Wesley Crusher is back in a SciFi show! OK, for you non Star Trek Next Generation fans, Wil Wheaton played Wesley Crusher and is now appearing as the head of a Science facility that created 2.

Another cliff hanger ending. At least 1-13 is available this week, too, as part of the two part season finale.

2 is badass and not a woman to mess with. this episode has a bit of a Tarantino feel to it. There is a continuing trend where the women are tougher than the (still tough) men in this series.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I think they are setting the show up for a kick ass Season 2 opener. There are a lot of Alliance guys to kill. Hopefully, this show survives for at least a few more years. The combo of adventure and not being afraid to kill people works for me.

The complete opposite of this show was the A Team which had hundreds of bullets fired every week and nobody ever dying. That was a joke.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Just like Firefly. Rabid fans trying to keep it alive. Dark Matter will go at least twice as long as Firefly did. One more good year and who knows, maybe we get a decent length series out of it.

Sci-fi space dramas "Dark Matter" and "Killjoys" will be returning for their second seasons, Syfy announced.

Based on the graphic novel by series creators Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, "Dark Matter" follows six people who wake up from stasis on a starship with no memory of who they are, where they came from or how they ended up on the vessel.

"With its mysterious premise and fascinating characters, 'Dark Matter' has built an incredibly loyal, passionate and engaged fan base,” said Chris Regina, Syfy's senior vice president of program strategy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info