The Martian

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Just saw this, this morning. I happened to pick up this book a few months back, and read it and it was pretty good. Seems like, from the trailer, they stay pretty accurate to the book too, which is a good thing because the book was solid.

Not thrilled with the Matt Damon choice for Mark Watney though

ateamamerica285c1.jpg

**SPOILERS**
saw it tonight. Not bad at all, stayed fairly accurate to the book until the HAB airlock blew. they glossed over allot of the science he pulled off to survive, the entire voyage from acedalia to sciapereli was cut along with all the prep to the rovers (he cuts a hole in the roof of one rover for no given reason then drives straight to ARES IV with no issues), Pathfinder was never destroyed. Catching him from the MAV is done by Commander Lewis.
Other than those issues it was well done, he does a good job of showing Watney's sarcastic humor, I liked it. My wife and brother really liked not having read the book

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
**SPOILERS**
saw it tonight. Not bad at all, stayed fairly accurate to the book until the HAB airlock blew. they glossed over allot of the science he pulled off to survive, the entire voyage from acedalia to sciapereli was cut along with all the prep to the rovers (he cuts a hole in the roof of one rover for no given reason then drives straight to ARES IV with no issues), Pathfinder was never destroyed. Catching him from the MAV is done by Commander Lewis.
Other than those issues it was well done, he does a good job of showing Watney's sarcastic humor, I liked it. My wife and brother really liked not having read the book

Hmmmm, thanks for that, wasn't expecting them to stay too close to the book, but it seems like they stay pretty close

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
**SPOILERS**
It's explained why he cuts a hole... Well maybe not verbally but I mean visually...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info