Neverwinter - Just for Mook

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
I really enjoy this game. The fact that it is free is just brilliant marketing because I'm sure people are spending tons of money buying stuff with real money for the in game stuff.

I'm a lvl 10 cleric and my wife is a lvl 9 rogue. I also have a lvl 6 guardian fighter that I play by myself. The same with any game like this...the first few levels you cant do a ton, but as you level up you get better and better abilities.

The only issue I've had so far is getting into the same zone instance as my wife. The "go to this player's instance" option doesn't seem to work. It's an easy fix coming from the main city, but kind of a pain if you are out in the world somewhere. And if you're not in the same instance, you can't see the person you are playing with.

I really enjoy the PVE skirmish things you can queue up for. There is only one for lvl 5-13, but I'm looking forward to more at higher levels. There are also random zone events where you compete against other players in the zone you are in. I had to find lost relics or something last night and only 5 people played in the zone and the winner found 2, and I found 1. Something different to do anyways. I also found my first elite guy last night and pwnt his face and got a green drop.

Highly recommend this game though. Seems like it would be a blast playing with 4 or 5 guys.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
I really enjoy this game. The fact that it is free is just brilliant marketing because I'm sure people are spending tons of money buying stuff with real money for the in game stuff.

I'm a lvl 10 cleric and my wife is a lvl 9 rogue. I also have a lvl 6 guardian fighter that I play by myself. The same with any game like this...the first few levels you cant do a ton, but as you level up you get better and better abilities.

The only issue I've had so far is getting into the same zone instance as my wife. The "go to this player's instance" option doesn't seem to work. It's an easy fix coming from the main city, but kind of a pain if you are out in the world somewhere. And if you're not in the same instance, you can't see the person you are playing with.

I really enjoy the PVE skirmish things you can queue up for. There is only one for lvl 5-13, but I'm looking forward to more at higher levels. There are also random zone events where you compete against other players in the zone you are in. I had to find lost relics or something last night and only 5 people played in the zone and the winner found 2, and I found 1. Something different to do anyways. I also found my first elite guy last night and pwnt his face and got a green drop.

Highly recommend this game though. Seems like it would be a blast playing with 4 or 5 guys.

Have you gotten any of the purple lock boxes that you have to (seemingly) pay real money to unlock? I've gotten 3 of them so far, and I do NOT want to spend money on the game because I'm cheap :rofl:

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
Have you gotten any of the purple lock boxes that you have to (seemingly) pay real money to unlock? I've gotten 3 of them so far, and I do NOT want to spend money on the game because I'm cheap :rofl:
Not yet. But a ton of people buy those keys cause it tells you every time someone gets a mount lol. I probably won't buy keys either. F that

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
[MENTION=127]wombat[/MENTION] I just looked at the zen prices. Screw that. Its not even remotely worth it. Hell, you spend 10 bucks for 1000 zen(which doesn't get you much). Their bundle deal for buying a bunch is you get 3 bucks worth for every 50 you spend lol.

It would cost $135 to buy the 2 packs to get the 2 classes and 2 char slots unlocked. Good lord

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
I THINK you can't use the mounts until 20.

Confirmed. Even if you get a mount, you can't use it until 20.

From google:

Yeah, it is $1.25 for a key, but if you are luck you will get a really good legendary mount.

Or unlucky and you'll open 73 boxes and never get a mount.... But oh everyone and their mother gets one every few minutes. F*** those boxes.

Can those messages not be disabled via some chat window settings?

I bet not though because they do it on purpose so you want to open your lock box's that are stacking up in the hopes you get what the other guy just got or better, maybe that legendary drake they show you in the "here's what it could hold" window lol.

It's the admin channel so it can't be disabled. As you and a few others have said it's to trick people into buying keys, you have a less than 1% chance of getting the high tier items out of the box, but people see that message pop and think that means a they'll get a drake eznp.

Look at the guy in this topic who opened 73 boxes lol, for what he spent on those keys in hopes of winning a mount that would only work for one character he could have bought an accountwide mount and still had money left to buy other stuff, he's the type of person they're preying on.

They are designed to drop frequently to tempt people into buying keys. Couple the frequent drop rate with the insane amount of admin messages about people getting the Drake Mounts. Anyone who doesn't know any better will see people getting mounts and spend absurd amounts of money on keys thinking that seeing someone getting a drake mount every 3 seconds means they will get one too.

What they won't tell you is that the mount drop rate is like 0.001% chance EACH time you open a box.

So just as I thought, even though the burning desire is there, I will NOT be buying keys.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info