Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Scarlett Johansson to Star in Live-Action Ghost in the Shell! - ComingSoon.net

Ive never seen it but if it means Boobs Johansson gets to maybe show more boobs, I'm all for it.

Back in October, it was revealed that Scarlett Johansson had been offered the lead role in DreamWorks’ live-action remake of Ghost in the Shell and now Variety brings word that the actress has accepted the role! Snow White and the Huntsman director Rupert Sanders will helm the feature from a script by William Wheeler, based on the series by Masamune Shirow.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
It'll be interesting none the less just to compare the live movie to the anime. I don't think there was ever really any live movies that were good based off video games or anime.

You know, I tried to see if I could counter that statement.

I failed.

Fist of the North Star
Casshern - Robot Hunter
Blood the Last Vampire
Devilman.

Every single one of those is pretty much terrible without any redeeming qualities. Fist of the North Stars fight scenes are horrid, exploding heads and all.

That said, there are two that I do enjoy.

Guyver 2: Dark Hero. Pure B movie, but I was entertained. Acting is bad. Creature effects are good, sadly I'd rate it better than Lucy in entertainment value.

Speed Racer. Its pretty bad, but I enjoy it as a popcorn flick, the movie is colorful and the sound mix is great. And I laugh at the Car-Fu.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
A photos of SJ in Motoko attire, but its only a face shot. Hair is not purple enough. for anime. But the animated movies had her hair as black.

Our First Look at Scarlett Johansson as Ghost in the Shell's Major Kusanagi

t7us4bthidnjrgymfgkl.png

The Western adaptation of the iconic cyberpunk manga and anime series Ghost in the Shell has entered production—and with that news, we have our first look at Scarlett Johansson in the lead role as Major Motoko Kusanagi.

The star of Masamune Shirow’s smash hit manga—translated into an iconic animated series by Production I.G. in serveral series and OVAs over the past 20 years—Kusanagi is the cybernetically-enhanced head of counter-terrorist organization Public Security Section 9, operating in a dystopic 21st century Japan.

It still bothers us a lot that this role isn’t being played by an Asian actor—but at least the the shot released of Johansson captures the vibe of Shirow’s dark world pretty decently. Hey the ethnicity of the lead character doesn’t matter as long as they got the hairstyle right, right? Ugh.

Directed by Snow White and the Huntsman’s Rupert Sanders, Ghost in the Shell is expected to release on March 31st, 2017.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I still need to watch the latest GitS anime "Arise". But its not really available for streaming or rental anywhere. Can buy it on Prime for $13, but if I'm going to lay the money out for a streaming license, I'd rather just buy the blu-rays and take the risk that I'll like it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info