TV Orphan Black

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I rented the first season on Netflix. Its kind of slow to start, I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy it.

The main actress does a really good job of playing the different characters. So well, that just by mannerisms and inflections you can tell which character she's playing.

I was just going to rent the second season, but I enjoyed it enough that I bought the 2nd season and will pick-up the 1st season later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL5QFufq--A

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Been watching this show from the start. Awesome show :bigthumb: That chick really does do an amazing job of playing so many different characters. Many times all on screen at the same time! Which is awesome in itself to watch, but she really does make each of those charcters their own person.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Been watching this show from the start. Awesome show :bigthumb: That chick really does do an amazing job of playing so many different characters. Many times all on screen at the same time! Which is awesome in itself to watch, but she really does make each of those charcters their own person.

Was watching one of the specials on the DVD, showing how they do the conversations between clones. A mix of doubles from the back, and composite shots.

A good example is the first "your a clone" conversation while they are all in Alison's house on the couch.

The actress filmed each scene 3 times with her in different make-up/clothing. There isn't alot of green screen work with it, but compositing the 3 different takes into a single scene.

S2 arrives tomorrow. Where I shall probably binge watch it. :)

Then I'll have to find a way to watch Season 3 comfortably on the couch. I need a BBC America app for XBMC or plex so I can stream the shows from the webpage since Hulu and Netflix don't carry it.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I love how she does the roles so well, then they have one of the clones act like another one.

Watched up to EP4 of S2 today.

Sarah infiltrates the Dyad party as Cosima, dressed in Cosima's usual style. Then in one scene opens her mouth and the british accent comes out and its a total disconnect.

I know she plays all the clones, but its so odd to hear Sarah's voice in Cosima's wardrobe and look.

First 4 episodes of S2 are great. They are also really racking up the body counts early on.

And Helena is just freaking creepy.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Finished up the last of Season 2. Damnit, now I want Season 3, but it hasn't even aired yet.

Spoilers
I really thought Cosima was going to die at the end of S2. The scene with Cosima in bed, still, and Kera walking up to her, shaking her to wake her up.

Consider Season 3 bought when it comes out on BR.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Also, Michelle Forbes has gotten back in shape, life is GOOD. She was hot as Ensign Ro in Star Trek TNG. Still hot in Battlestar Galactica as Admiral Cain. But in Godzilla, not so hot.

But for Orphan Black? She's definitely got back in shape. She's older, but I still like.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
YESSSSSSS.

BBC America's Orphan Black is back and the first look at the new season is here. Check out this new teaser video entitled "This is War," featuring the characters of Cosima, Sarah, Helena, Alison, young Kira, and Prolethean Mark.

Tatiana Maslany will return to do her usual outstanding work as multiple clones when Orphan Black: Season 3 kicks off on Saturday, April 18th at 9pm ET on BBC America.

Kind of a freaky promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svztOA5BLQ8

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

I hope that Ari Millen the guy who plays Mark is up to following in Tatiana's shoes.

Also, YES!!!!

Ksenia Solo of "Lost Girl" is joining the cast of Orphan Black!!! :jg:

lost-girl-ksenia-solo-4.jpg

Also, BBC put up a "Making of" for the Clone Dance Party at the end of Season 2.

Cool to see how they put all the composite shots together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE2u_N8g6cs

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Werd.

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to watch Season 3 when it airs.

Right now I'm getting Bitten through a website, but the quality is awful, and streaming is not always good. I'm sure Orphan Black will be on there when it releases.

I think Amazon VoD will carry it, but I have a problem with that. Why would I pay $25 to watch season 3 as it airs, then pay another $30-35 to buy the Bluray when it releases (which I've already pre-ordered).

I think they need to start doing a "auto-rip" style feature. Buy the Bluray release and get access to the streaming video as well.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I was paying for Cable and hadn't even turned on the Cable box for 4 months straight, so one day I said fuck it and cut the cord. The roughly $700 a year I was spending on cable now goes to buying TV Seasons and Movies outright. The only real investment was the 18TB NAS I built to house all of it digitally.

I'm already budgeting to increase the NAS capacity from its current 18TB to 36TB. Runs 24/7 and only costs me about $5-7 in electricity per month. The NAS also runs Plex Media Server and has enough CPU power to transcode 1080P on the fly over the internet so I can watch stuff anywhere. In house it just direct streams to a Kodi HTPC.

The NAS hosts everything from Time Machine backups for my desktop and laptops, as well as all of my software installers, to all of the TV shows, Movies, and internet videos I've downloaded over the years.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I think the dance party had a major impact on the story. It was the first time they were all together, all happy. It also included Kira which is the first time thats happened. It was the calm before the storm essentially.

If I have one gripe about this season, it was the transbandit. It literally had no bearing on the story at all and felt like a stunt for current events.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I think the dance party had a major impact on the story. It was the first time they were all together, all happy. It also included Kira which is the first time thats happened. It was the calm before the storm essentially.

If I have one gripe about this season, it was the transbandit. It literally had no bearing on the story at all and felt like a stunt for current events.

Kinda agree about the Transbandit.

As for the Clone Dance party? I can see it. Its the first time Helena's been accepted into the group. So she's become someone they care about. I had forgotten about that bit of the timeline. I do need to re-watch season 2.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info