Gran Turismo 6 Friendly Challenge #2: Toyota FT-1 @ Laguna Seca Raceway

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well here we go again! The timing of this one seemed almost too perfect so I couldn't pass it up. With the new GT6 update comes a new car, the Toyota FT-1. If you don't know what it is, you're about to find out. The challenge is this:

The Car: Toyota FT-1
FT1-1small_zpse1186de3.jpg

The Track: Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway
4740.jpg

How To Access It
-From the main menu, select Seasonal Events
-Select the Toyota FT-1 Super Lap
-The car will provided for you! Just select Enter
-That's it!

Tire options are set and cannot be changed, so there's nothing to worry about there. All other assists may be tweaked, but I'm instituting a strict NO SKID RECOVERY FORCE rule. Unlike the C7 I believe on a car like this it could give quite the unfair advantage.

Thats it! Have at it. Remember, this is a seasonal event, so your times WILL show up on the worldwide leaderboard! I still need to send friend requests out to a few of you so I can keep track of you :rofl:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
May as well put up what I have. I literally just did enough to get bronze. I had to slam on the brakes before the finish line so I wouldn't go over. I need to log in 1 more day before im back up to 200% login bonus, which is more important now than ever, because w/ the new update, all the huge seasonal payouts got nerfed :angrys00ls: Apparently that was just a holiday thing they were being nice about.

So here is my in no way serious time: 1:39'905

IMAG0068_zps4e632fd8.jpg

There's no HP numbers for this car. But its listed as 544PP, which is a few more than the lexus LFA, and that has around 552HP. This car definitely gets up and goes. It is turbo as well. Not much else is known about the powertrain on this car because in reality there is none :rofl: All that gt6 says in the description is that "The specifications for this car are a fictitious set created specially for gran turismo 6"

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Nice. I just put a few more laps in to get my gold medal. 1:34'657. Everything off except abs:1. I didn't bother with a screenshot cuz we can all see each others times anyways :rofl:

dan00hawk i'll toss your time up there too, even tho I know its still a work in progress. Just wanna get some names on this leaderboard.

This car is very...fickle. Goes like hell in a straight line, but going into a turn you never know if its gonna understeer or oversteer. It could possibly be the shitty fucking sport hard tires this game insists on every car using. At least let us use a medium and wring some of the potential out of the car instead of having to fight with the tires all the time.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Yeah, anything and everything was allowed for the vette challenge, but for this one only SRF is banned. I believe it was an honest mistake. I know you wouldn't try and "cheat", haha. I'll let it play out for now, but I'll just put an asterisk next to your time. Like a hall of famer that was found to be doping :rofl:

You're just gonna have to earn your time the hard way now :)

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Is there a way to turn the ghost lines off completely, or just show mine? It was tough driving and having the lines and the words SPIVITZ and IDAFC21 blocking half the track if I wasn't in front! LOL Anyway, I set a new time of 1:33.322 with SRF off. You guys can chase my name for a little while now. :)

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I have a wheel but am faster with the controller. The wheel is still fun though. I may have to put more time into setting it up and stabilizing the rig. I can't turn nearly as fast lock to lock as the controller.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
If you look at the times posted on the game and click on them, it will show the car electronic settings and what type of controller was used to set the time.

I use a controller, but wouldn't mind getting a wheel setup. I sometimes overcorrect oversteer with the controller whereas a wheel would allow a lot more finesse. But with the controller, I can lounge on the couch and relax compared to trying to get a good comfortable driving chair and the right position set up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info