Gran Turismo 6 Friendly Challenge: C7 Stingray @ Brands Hatch

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I'm just putting this out here for anyone who wants to take a break from the grind and blow off some steam. I've designed this so anyone can participate no matter what % you're at in the game, and if enough people are willing to participate maybe we can turn this into something more. This is just a little friendly TT comparison, with no end date. Just think of it as a running "star in a reasonably priced car" leaderboard. Only the reasonably priced car is a badass C7.

Which brings me to the challenge.

The Car: Corvette C7 Stingray
C7-1small_zpsb7977ce5.jpg

The Track: Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit
brands.jpg

How To Access It:
From the main menu, select single player from arcade mode
-select time trial
-select world circuits
-select brands hatch grand prix circuit
-at the car selection screen, select "use a courtesy car"
-select the C7 Stingray, in the color and transmission type of your choosing

Now before you begin:
-select driving options, and fit the car with sports soft tires. Gotta make it fun after all.

Any other assist you think you require is allowed. Personally I run with everything off except abs: 1

Course settings should remain unchanged. Time @ 15:00, time progression 1, 0 weather.

Now you may begin. Obviously only CLEAN laps will be accepted. Ive tested out all the corners you can cut to gain any advantage and if you take too much it will invalidate your time. So as long as the game deems it good, it's good with me. It is recommended you post a screenshot of your best clean lap time. The ranking board only records clean laps, so that will be the ultimate BS detector. I'd also recommend you save your best lap replay as well. Just in case. A clean time can't be faked, but for everything else we're running on the honor system here. DO NOT use a personal garage car.

Here's what I've put up so far. a 1.32'436, and I've already stated the only aids I have on are ABS: 1

IMAG0063_zps60a36777.jpg

Full disclosure: I set this time when I was already about 3 beers in. So if I were you I'd strike while the irons hot. Or impaired, as it were. :rofl: I'm definitely no brands hatch expert, so I didn't just pick a track that favored me. This track comes up a LOT in this game, so everyone should be familiar with how to get around here.

[MENTION=10457]Spivitz[/MENTION]
[MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3601]Dan00Hawk[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5176]03 VENOM[/MENTION]
[MENTION=70]Smokinhot[/MENTION]

Go!

Reactions: Marko

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Good challenge. :bigthumb: First time using the C7 for me. Seems like a solid car in base form.
1:34.955.
Active Steering Mild, Traction at 2, ASM on, ABS 1, Skid off
Too many beers and too late for me to get any better right now. Not gonna post a pic of a lap that's 2.5 seconds off the current pace, and I figure the honor system works when I'm only claiming to be slower. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info