Official Star Wars Episode 7 thread *Spoiler Free*

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Re: J.J. Abrams is directing Star Wars Episode 7

As long as casting is decent it shouldn't be terrible. The acting in the last 3 star wars was awful...just awful (and so is my spelling from time to time)

Yeah because the acting in the first three was stellar! Mark Hamil, 12 time Oscar winner. I'd argue that Hayden Christensen did a better job that Mark Hamil. People need to stop putting the first three up on a pedestal like they were made by God himself. Yeah they were good, but so were the new ones.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Yeah because the acting in the first three was stellar! Mark Hamil, 12 time Oscar winner. I'd argue that Hayden Christensen did a better job that Mark Hamil. People need to stop putting the first three up on a pedestal like they were made by God himself. Yeah they were good, but so were the new ones.

Remind me to never trust your taste in movies.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Dude, even at Hamil's WORSE, he still looked like an oscar winner compared to Hayden.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Hayden isnt a bad actor. Lucas "fucked up" the movies.

Hell, if we used EP 1-3 as the example, Sam Jackson would be a horrible actor too. :rofl:

They werent "terrible" by any means. At least IMO.

Not sure about Abrams doing a SW. But Ill keep my reservations until I see a finished product.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
lulz.gif

Latino Review, the site known for dropping major scoops about superhero movies, has moved on to Star Wars, and their latest finding is a biggie.

They’re reporting that Harrison Ford will return as Han Solo in Star Wars Episode VII. Now, we knew that he was interested in returning and we’ve heard that LucasFilm is interested in doing something with Solo, but this is the first time we’ve heard that Ford will, in fact, return. How will he fit in? Is this news legitimate? Discuss below.

Until Disney and LucasFilm release a press release, I understand how people will take this piece of news with a grain of salt. But Latino Review would not report it unless they heard, from a very reliable source (or sources), that Ford, director J.J. Abrams, screenwriter Michael Ardnt and LucasFilm’s Kathleen Kennedy had discussed this and agreed on it.

While there isn’t a finished script for Episode VII just yet, those four people all have an idea of what’s going to happen, what characters are going to appear and what they’re going to need to make it happen. Ford’s participation is something we assumed but now it sounds like the word is out. And the deal is “done” and ”significant.”

It’s still early on the West Coast, so Disney hasn’t released an official response yet, but we’ve asked and will update when they’re in touch. Head to Latino Review to watch a video of @elmayimbe explaining this scoop and the process.

So now that we’ve addressed the information itself, let’s take it and run. If Han Solo is in Star Wars Episode VII, how big a role do you want him to have? I have a strong feeling that it won’t be a large role, but an important one. His appearance would likely serve both as a passing of the torch to a new generation but also to link the original trilogy with this sequel trilogy.

This is big, exciting news don’t you think?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info