đź”– Deals 70% Off Six Flags

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Just got this email. If anyone is interested, post your email and I'll forward it to you.

ec2b8e683057c8af677d3aebe774bd24.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Maybe I'm mis-reading, but that looks like a season pass, not day pass.

So its basically a 'full price' day pass cost, but gets you a full season pass?

*Edit*

Yea; a DAY pass is normally $71.99 full price. (but normally have some level of sale with coke cans or whatever, so its around $40 unless you are catastrophically stupid).

They are selling SEASON passes for $75.99, which is pretty good if you live in a northern burb. I've always lived too far away to make use of that.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Maybe I'm mis-reading, but that looks like a season pass, not day pass.

So its basically a 'full price' day pass cost, but gets you a full season pass?

*Edit*

Yea; a DAY pass is normally $71.99 full price. (but normally have some level of sale with coke cans or whatever, so its around $40 unless you are catastrophically stupid).

They are selling SEASON passes for $75.99.

Yeah, that's about what you can get a season pass for normally (if you buy 4+, I think it's like $85 if you buy 1-3) with coupons and shit but this is a decent deal because it includes the parking.

All the details are here: https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/store/season-passes

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI

You can get them from Jewel for like $80. (but again, no parking passes)

For example, Jewel-Osco grocery stores sell Six Flags admission tickets for the following prices (including tax), valid at Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL (Chicago): One-day ticket: $48.40 (compared to $67.99 + tax at main gate) Season pass: $84.45 (compared to $96.99 + tax at main gate)

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Season passes are usually that price but don't come with all the upgrades

This is the first year in a long time I haven't gotten the Season Pass. As of the last few years, they threw in free parking with the pass as well. Usually when we went, we would bring a few people who bought their tickets (and didn't want to buy a season pass), and we would use their tickets to "upgrade" them to a season pass for a discounted price. I think the last time we bought passes, we paid something like $45/pass/person and got free parking attached to each pass. The year before that, parking was attached to one pass holder.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Got one at the end of last year. My kids have got my money's worth already. Went to Six Flags STL a few weeks ago. Nice place but nothing like the one in Gurnee.

The only other Six Flags that I think competed with Gurnee was the Six Flags over Houston (but this was when I was like 12 years old). Not sure what kind of rides they have over there now compared to Gurnee.

When my family and I would get the season pass, we would at least go twice to make it worth it. Once during the summer and once during fright fest.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I picked up a season pass this weekend. Called some of my friends but none of them bit.

So if we go, they will still be paying for a ticket unless its one of those days I have a guest pass.

So, maybe we need a TCG Six Flags day on the days we can bring guests. :) Get enough of a crew together and they can share the costs for other people who have to buy a ticket.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
The only other Six Flags that I think competed with Gurnee was the Six Flags over Houston (but this was when I was like 12 years old). Not sure what kind of rides they have over there now compared to Gurnee.

When my family and I would get the season pass, we would at least go twice to make it worth it. Once during the summer and once during fright fest.

I went to St Louis when I had mine. Ended up getting kicked out because the girls we were with flashed the camera on a ride. It was towards the end of the night anyways so we didn't care.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
i go to the stlouis one a couple of times per year. always buy the season pass in like oct-nov. for the following year. ends up being a few dollars more than a daily pass. have never been to the chicago park, but a few friends have and they said it sucks, purely because it is to busy.

I only go on weekdays. Way less busy and way more enjoyable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info