Semi-Finished 1968 Charger R/T Hemi

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
We've been restoring this car for the past few months here at Cliff's Body Shop. The owner will be installing the drivetrain, trim, interior and wiring, but tasked us with the paint and body work. The car was in OK shape when we received it, but, needed a decent amount of 1/4 panel work, as well as stripping three color changes worth of paint. It is a real 426 Hemi car backed by a 727 TorqueFlite transmission. We painted the car its original color, and duplicated the factory masking and overspray on the underside and doors. Here are some pictures of the car as of this afternoon, it will be leaving to go back to the owners house, where he will finish the restoration. We can not wait to see the finished product, and I will update this thread with pictures from him as he progresses, and, eventually the finished product.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
yea but some nutswinger somewhere will need this one to complete his collection of 1968 charger r/t hemi's and pay a mortgage for it.

The owner estimates the car to be worth around $200,000 once its done. Now, this was a literal nut-and-bolt restoration. He supplied us with all the original hardware, which, we reconditioned and reinstalled on the car. He gave us diagrams of where each bolt should go, etc etc... It's going to be a 990+/1000 on a judging scale without a doubt.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The owner estimates the car to be worth around $200,000 once its done. Now, this was a literal nut-and-bolt restoration. He supplied us with all the original hardware, which, we reconditioned and reinstalled on the car. He gave us diagrams of where each bolt should go, etc etc... It's going to be a 990+/1000 on a judging scale without a doubt.

200k seems maybe on the high side, but i'd say every bit of 125-150k.

he will have almost that into it though too :rofl:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
200k seems maybe on the high side, but i'd say every bit of 125-150k.

he will have almost that into it though too :rofl:

I think you'd have to kill him to get the car away from him. He owned a similar car as a teenager and always wanted another one. He owns a machine shop and has a few other cars in his collection, so, this will be an awesome addition to his already impressive list of vehicles.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Yes, not as popular as some of the other Mopar colors of the era, but, it is a 100% factory original color.

This seems to be a pattern to me.

Only survivors are the shitty colors. All the cool colors were wrecked 20 years ago. Only the dorks who bought the off colors seemed to drive responsibly and keep their cars in at least restore-able condition.
Purple, Green, Red, Black - harder to find than hen's teeth. Pastel yellow? No problem.

Same thing with yellow Mach 1's. Who wanted a yellow Mach 1 in 1969? Dorks.

My '69 Mach was originally red. I painted it 1985 Ford Gray/black in 1985. Didn't seem to hurt the value as the original color was all that mattered at sale time in 1994.
New owner wanted to do a frame-off anyhow and couldn't care less about color or bodywork.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info