Braap folk, opinions please

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Looking to get more involved in Braaping this summer and I have a couple options. I just can't decide. I'm about 75% sure I'm selling the T/A and stepping away from cars for a couple years. That money will most likely go into BRAAP toys.

I still have my current Honda Foreman ATV and will be keeping that. I would like to try to get my wife more involved in my offroad hobby this year. I have 2 options.

Buy a new Honda 4x4 ATV with power steering. This will cost about 7k, it's not fast but is reliable and will run forever. When riding with friends I will be ripping the new quad, when out with my wife she will ride this since it has power steering.

The next option is to buy a used, 2015+ RZR S 900. The cost of this is about 10k. My wife can ride in the passenger seat, or even drive when we go out. The main problems are I'm sure an upgrade will follow in a couple years and I don't know anybody else with a SxS so it might get lonely. I do feel like SxS' are the way of the future for the sport though.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
RZR vehicles don't have the best space or room, if your a bigger dude look at other brands. Also, if you get a used RZR make sure they did the factory gas tank fix so you don't catch on fire.

The 2nd gens are actually surprisingly roomy. We sat in a 2017 900 at Nielsen's and I was amazed. I was expecting it to suck.

I feel like SxS are easier to get people to go with as they can just hop in the passenger seat.
I agree but all my riding buddies are currently ATV guys.

I think you should buy a pair of Sportsman 570's or an 800 Scrambler and 450 HO Sportsman.
You serious Clark??

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
What year are the 2nd gens?

For the "S" models it's 2015+

Wasn't that your plan like three weeks ago? :rofl:

Never 2 570's. Sell the Foreman and buy a Scrambler and Sportsman (either 570 or 450), keep the foreman and buy a Rubicon, keep the foreman and buy a Rzr. I have talked myself out of the Scrambler and Sportsman.

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
I had an ATV while my friends had side by sides and it sucked. I could never keep up even though my machine would top out around 50mph. They're just so much more comfortable on the trails and definitely when you get into some bumps. I then bought a SxS and couldn't justify the cost because I didn't use it a lot. I now have another ATV (Grizzly 700 with EPS) and use it to plow the driveway and plan to use it this summer while the kids are on their dirt bikes. ATVs are easier to transport too and I could easily squeeze two in my enclosed 7x14 along with the dirt bikes.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
I think it really depends on what you want to do and who you want to go with. If everyone is on ATV's then the ATV will be way more fun. Unless you start going with a group of SXS's then that will be more fun.

I guess hauling 2 ATV's vs 1 SXS is a wash. You will need a trailer either way.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
SxS is nice for taking the kids out but for 2 adults like stated it’s cramped. I like the Honda utility line and yes they run forever. What does she have interest in doing? I’m still pondering the Arctic Cat VLX 700 or the XR 550

She doesn't really have interest in doing either yet. I want to try to get her out with me because I feel she will like the scenery and the little towns you ride through in Wisconsin. After watching some videos from Hatfield and McCoy and Brimstone, I feel like she will be on edge the whole time riding in a SxS. I feel she's be more comfortable being in control of her own machine.

I think it really depends on what you want to do and who you want to go with. If everyone is on ATV's then the ATV will be way more fun. Unless you start going with a group of SXS's then that will be more fun.
I guess hauling 2 ATV's vs 1 SXS is a wash. You will need a trailer either way.

Yes and no. I currently own a trailer that can fit 1 ATV and I can put one in my truck like when we went to Hayward. I would need to buy a trailer for a UTV. That being said I will still probably buy a 2 place ATV trailer this year anyways.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
So I've all but closed the door on a Rzr. I think a new 4x4 is a better option at this point.

BBK in Elgin has this for $6999. If this kitchen wasn't bleeding me dry I'd have it in my garage.

2017-honda-rubicon-500-eps-review-specs-atv-trx500fm6-fourtrax-foreman-yellow-trx500-.jpg

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Yes, the Honda's are all EFI now. However, I've never owned an EFI machine that's such a pain in the dick to start in the winter.

I swear my carbed foreman starts easy than yours. :rofl:

If you buy a Polaris from Fuel there's no payments 'til April so you can finish the kitchen in time #poorfinancialchoices

5cd26e034beb85c27550fb0b899e4d2e047d9063f07d98ab711f83e149256310.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info