Marine products reviews and recommendations.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Boats require some special voodoo to clean and maintain. There's a specific spray/wax/sealer/polish/treatment made for every different part of a boat. Everyone has a different means or method to cleaning and often products not even intended for boat/marine use work the best.

Before I buy things I usually pour over the internet for hours finding "the" product to use. I end up finding extreme negative and positive reviews for the same product, then make a judgment call on something and end up totally disappointed.

If you have something that works well for x or y application, or are looking for said product, post up.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Mold Armor instant mold and mildew stain remover

6ab9c5ee-ecbc-48b3-bc6c-2f241fa6046a_1000.jpg

This stuff is bottled magic. Literally spray it on and that's it. Mold stains GONE. Works great at home in the shower too. Beware as it does contain bleach and will damage things bleach would damage. used it on my boat headliner extensively with good results. There are a couple spots it did make the fabric brittle though. Mind you this is a 23yr old boat and original fabric.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Goof Off. Another container of magic. I don't use it all the time, but it takes off nearly any substance that isn't bonded to whatever surface. Food/drink spills, greasy handprints, general tough schmoo removal. I use simple green for regular gentle cleaning needs.

edit: recently cleaned off the grime frommmy boat fenders with just a rag and a few spritzes of this stuff. Comes right off.
093945306597.jpg

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Vinyl seats I use 409 and a scrub brush and rag, hard water spots on stainless toilet bowl cleaner just the cheap stuff with muratic acid in it, wipe off with wet rag or rinse and wipe off only thing that works on through hull exhaust tips, vinegar and water to wipe down the gel coat between use if you keep a lot of wax on the boat, if you don't wax a lot quick detailed but it doesn't work as well on water spots

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Mold Armor instant mold and mildew stain remover

6ab9c5ee-ecbc-48b3-bc6c-2f241fa6046a_1000.jpg

This stuff is bottled magic. Literally spray it on and that's it. Mold stains GONE. Works great at home in the shower too. Beware as it does contain bleach and will damage things bleach would damage. used it on my boat headliner extensively with good results. There are a couple spots it did make the fabric brittle though. Mind you this is a 23yr old boat and original fabric.

I usually get some mold on my siding and shed after every winter. Usually comes off with a powerwash. Tried this shit and it makes it look brand new again. I wish I took some before and after. Swingin hard from this shit.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
If Simple Green won't work, this is my go to non-skid cleaner: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U2JBGMU/?tag=tcg21-20

I've used Meguiars Vinyl cleaner for many years and it's great at cleaning and protecting:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AY4YJ/?tag=tcg21-20

I use Meguiars Marine polishes and wax. Also, I keep a bottle of 50 water/50 White Vinegar to remove hard water spots.

I've used that stuff before but its super expensive. Probably costs me $3 to clean just my swim platform. I usually use that 2X per year on the bow. Not sure if I am using 2 much or what but the $19.99 bottles do not last long. I wash the boat 1-3 times per week and it really never gets dirty enough to need more than soap and water in most spots.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
foundation spray?

I buy this stuff, I get the cheapest one with the shitty squeeze trigger sprayer then dump them into a 3 gallon garden sprayer I have, kills spiders on contact, I also use it around my house, you spray around the foundation that's why I call it foundation spray, I actually thought it was called that lol

18372f13a5d8b4d1d40a60564ef7f41a.jpg

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
I buy this stuff, I get the cheapest one with the shitty squeeze trigger sprayer then dump them into a 3 gallon garden sprayer I have, kills spiders on contact, I also use it around my house, you spray around the foundation that's why I call it foundation spray, I actually thought it was called that lol

18372f13a5d8b4d1d40a60564ef7f41a.jpg

the biggest thing is to spray down your ropes, spray down lift and bunks ( as long as they dont go into water. What I have found works the best for spiders is small bags of moth balls under seat and in cabinets. Problem is that I freaking hate the smell of them damn things so I cannot use them very often. I spray down my pier, ropes and lower trim of my cover.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
the biggest thing is to spray down your ropes, spray down lift and bunks ( as long as they dont go into water. What I have found works the best for spiders is small bags of moth balls under seat and in cabinets. Problem is that I freaking hate the smell of them damn things so I cannot use them very often. I spray down my pier, ropes and lower trim of my cover.

I will give that a try. I don't have much of a spider problem downtown but at home my dock gets covered in spider webs by morning. I have to always go clean it off with a broom.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

Thread Info