Boating season 2017, v1.0: playing with my dinghy

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I got up to my boat yesterday for the first time.

Wadj2QD.jpg

I've got a laundry list of crap to get done, mostly odds and ends. I wanted to get into the boat, knock a few things out and figure out what supplies in need to come back with next time for some of the bigger projects.

Yesterday I got my exhaust risers replaced, threw new v belts on everything, pulled the carb off the motor to take home and rebuild, and yanked the prop off the boat to get repaired at a shop. I had planned on doing my drive lube while I was out there but the harbor was all closed up. I had nowhere to clean myself up if I got all oily and made a mess.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Will be going to drag my lund out of the woods soon, will be doing trailer maint. and maybe painting the boat. the red has seen better days
anyone [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] know any one local to mchenry who's good with old Johnson outboards. we used halings in the past

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Anxiously awaiting my Bennington delivery date! Got a spot locked in over in Fox Lake... Gotta get a gear box moved over there. Also need to get to [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] to get some starter water sports gear!

Never owned a boat before, so this should be interesting!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Anxiously awaiting my Bennington delivery date! Got a spot locked in over in Fox Lake... Gotta get a gear box moved over there. Also need to get to [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] to get some starter water sports gear!

Never owned a boat before, so this should be interesting!

we are going to take a solid day to go on a teach-dan-all-the-things adventure. like start early at like 730-8am. eventually get to your dock and set it up so that you can leave your ropes on the dock too.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
also [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION], youll probably want to go on a costco adventure for some watersports-style pfd's for the famdamily.

https://www.costco.com/Hyperlite-Men's-Life-Vest.product.100322800.html

stuff like that. they will probably have "deals" in store cuz i remember them being 20-30$ before.

much more inexpensive to get those there than from a shop, for similar quality.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I like this plan. Lord knows I've got a lot to learn! Speaking of, anyone know the best online place to take the boat test so I can send it to my kids?

Tried to get Peter to throw me a delivery date or an order number... He sort of blew me off and said he would send me something as the time got closer. Makes me nervous a bit.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I like this plan. Lord knows I've got a lot to learn! Speaking of, anyone know the best online place to take the boat test so I can send it to my kids?

Tried to get Peter to throw me a delivery date or an order number... He sort of blew me off and said he would send me something as the time got closer. Makes me nervous a bit.

I'm unsure of best online test... i took mine at CLC back in the day.

Don't be nervous, there is a lot of variables with regards to that order date which is why he's probably not cementing something in stone. The boat could beat the engine to the shop, or vice versa, and then the boat still needs to get rigged & pre-delivery inspected.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I'm unsure of best online test... i took mine at CLC back in the day.

Don't be nervous, there is a lot of variables with regards to that order date which is why he's probably not cementing something in stone. The boat could beat the engine to the shop, or vice versa, and then the boat still needs to get rigged & pre-delivery inspected.

Those merc 400r's take a while to show up from the factory. Hand made.

:drums:

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Will be going to drag my lund out of the woods soon, will be doing trailer maint. and maybe painting the boat. the red has seen better days
anyone [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] know any one local to mchenry who's good with old Johnson outboards. we used halings in the past

Never knew you had a boat. Deets?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info