May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
bLz9ykp.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
As my son would say, "you do you"! If we make a comment about how you're always sitting up straight on your sled or whatever, who cares? We're just bullshitting around a table at a meal or reliving a day of riding. Hard to be upset about that.

Beyond that, you know how I ride. I don't ride extraordinarily dangerously and I've always ALWAYS thanked you for your willingness to lead the pack.

Having said that... sure I put the sled in the air once in awhile and sure I'll duck off into an "off-trail" area when its acceptable to do so. And you're damn right, I'll dump the sled and break shit once in awhile.... but I'm just having fun and riding the way I find to be a good time within the rules that are there in a sport which is attractive to me MAINLY BECAUSE IT HAS SO FEW RULES!

My son... he rides pretty damn safe as well. I like to think he's got a good bit of common sense and is able to make good decisions on the fly when it comes to riding. I think its tough to criticize him for how he rides. Hell, you yourself are largely responsible for what a good and responsible rider he is.

We both love to ride. There's nothing to be upset about here.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
As my son would say, "you do you"! If we make a comment about how you're always sitting up straight on your sled or whatever, who cares? We're just bullshitting around a table at a meal or reliving a day of riding. Hard to be upset about that.

Beyond that, you know how I ride. I don't ride extraordinarily dangerously and I've always ALWAYS thanked you for your willingness to lead the pack.

Having said that... sure I put the sled in the air once in awhile and sure I'll duck off into an "off-trail" area when its acceptable to do so. And you're damn right, I'll dump the sled and break shit once in awhile.... but I'm just having fun and riding the way I find to be a good time within the rules that are there in a sport which is attractive to me MAINLY BECAUSE IT HAS SO FEW RULES!

My son... he rides pretty damn safe as well. I like to think he's got a good bit of common sense and is able to make good decisions on the fly when it comes to riding. I think its tough to criticize him for how he rides. Hell, you yourself are largely responsible for what a good and responsible rider he is.

We both love to ride. There's nothing to be upset about here.
It might appear I ride straight up because the Apex isn't exactly a rider foward sled? You sit different on it. As far as leaning into turns. If you are in front and can't see around the corner you have zero reason to try and take the corner as fast as possible. I never said you guys do not ride safe. I am commenting on the constant criticism I get for riding "slow", not jumping over sweet bumps, not going off-trail etc. Its mostly Casey. But when I was younger I also did the same shit and probably felt the same way about riding with more experienced riders. I've always said if you do not like the pace please go ahead of me. Just stop at intersections and wait for the group. My pace might seem slow in spots it is because I am trying to be cautious. Not only do I need to watch for turns, and obstacles, but most importantly other riders coming the other way. It's not a race and unfortunately it will take a accident with another sled to make some people realize this.Yes in the UP you can off tail ride mostly anywhere. Does this interest me? Sure! IF I am with someone that knows the area. But I will say, I do not have much experience doing so and it isn't as glamorous as YouTube makes it out to be. Caution comes with experience. I've been there, done that. Just the risks aren't worth the rewards in some cases to me.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Completely understand. I, on the other hand, am just getting into the sport and truly comfortable on my machine. Trying mildly stupid stuff when its safe enough to do so is fun for me and I do it when its of no risk to anyone other than myself.

You know I appreciate the cautious leading you give the group. Makes it way easier to get "new" guys to come along on trips too when they know they won't be expected to race at full throttle all day long between every bar along a route.

So no matter if you corner like you are racing or not, thank you for getting me into the sport and your continued efforts to keep the entire group that ride with you safe.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Completely understand. I, on the other hand, am just getting into the sport and truly comfortable on my machine. Trying mildly stupid stuff when its safe enough to do so is fun for me and I do it when its of no risk to anyone other than myself.

You know I appreciate the cautious leading you give the group. Makes it way easier to get "new" guys to come along on trips too when they know they won't be expected to race at full throttle all day long between every bar along a route.

So no matter if you corner like you are racing or not, thank you for getting me into the sport and your continued efforts to keep the entire group that ride with you safe.

I appreciate you BRAAPING with me. Just got to take my word on some things. Id love to-do some off trail shit in the Yoop but unless I am with a local its not going to happen. Its very easy to wreck your sled, hit something, etc. Then you are stuck where other sleds won't pass, you might not have have cell service, and you have no idea where you are. If you guys wanna go fuck around in those "play areas" right off trail go ahead. But my best advice is only go where you see tracks. I wanted to invite us out with Lisa and crew for some off trail stuff but it sounded like they were paying a local to show them around. I didn't want to get in front of that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info