Don't get drunk on an inner tube in IL

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Before heading down the river to inner tube, or hit up the lake to kayak or canoe, be sure you've paid the price. As of July 1st, in Illinois, you are now required to carry a $6 Water Use Sticker for all non-powered watercraft. Before this regulation, titling and registration were needed for things like kayaks and canoes. Those are no longer required.

Also, life jackets are now required for all non-powered watercraft, including inner tubes. Operators of tubes can be arrested for OWI.

Water Use Stickers can be purchased at any DNR point-of-sale vendor. They are valid from January 1st-December 31st.

fucking asinine.

so if im floating in a tube that gets pulled behind the boat out in front of my dads, it has to have a sticker? and i have to have a life jacket on :rofl: stop it.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Water Usage Stamps
Non-motorized watercraft, canoe, kayak, paddle boat, or sail board, in Illinois are no longer required to be titled/registered in Illinois, unless the vessels have a motor or sail. You are now required to purchase a 'Water Usage Stamp' for $6.00 per calendar year for each of the first three vessels, and $3.00 each for any additional vessels Please note: an agent fee of $.50 will be charged per vessel. The stamps are good for one year. They expire on December 31st each year. Your Stamp can be adhered anywhere on the interior or exterior of the vessel as long as it is visible.

i wonder if it's if you're "moving" or "operating"

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i wanna drive it. badly.

i want to drive everything :rofl:

owner where I used to be at had a viking princess that did upper 60s lower 70s... i think it was over 70 ft long too

#18... "xanax"

WREX: Illinois puts a price on fun in the water

Boating : Boating FAQs

Well, fuck you too illinois. You can apparently get an OWI in a fucking tube now

Eaaaasy rod. Easy.... It's if you are using it as transportation. Just floating behind a boat or whatever is fine. And that's no different than what it has been... Albeit rarely if ever enforced . That article went like wildfire today

sober float trips down a river sound like a great time

:rofl: we talked about xanax back then too :rofl: hahahahahhha

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
No joke I was "pulled over" for this a couple years ago floating down some river near Rockford.

I bought an inflatable raft at Walmart that me and my wife could both squeeze into. We're drinking, and floating, and next thing I know a cop is yelling for us to come to the shore. He immediately asks "who is the owner of this vessel" and said we were breaking the law for not registering our "vessel" and not having enough life jackets on board. He then made me take a field sobriety test and said I was borderline to get arrested for operating a boat while intoxicated and if he wasn't such a nice guy I'd be arrested. So he "let me go" with two tickets, $80 each.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
what the fuck :bowrofl:

I mean it's not the cops fault, it's his job to enforce the law. The law just so happens to be dumb. reeling in a BS ticket once in a while instead of throwing OUIs around sounds acceptable
Who are the crooked fucks that pass these kind of laws?!?!

And honestly if I were a cop, I don't think I'd have it in me to enforce that kind of crooked bullshit.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I remember my one cop buddy said he'd never ticket for tints and no front plate cause they were bullshit. We need more cops like that

I think a lot of cops are of similar opinion. I've never been ticketed. It seems more of something to stick to someone if they're being a prick. You want to give some attitude, here's your two bullshit tickets for wasting MY time and making my job a pain in the ass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info