Sad day in the life of Pipe V. getting old

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I've got back into quading after being out for a few years. I have always loved sport quads and had a 400ex then a Can Am DS450x. After selling those because I was out of work a few years ago I had the opportunity to buy my buddy's 400ex dirt cheap to just have and recently started actually riding. Any ways I learned the hard way that sport quads are fun but on rutted, soggy trails the clutch sucks and 2wd doesn't cut it. I never once thought I would say this but I am selling the 400ex and buying a used 4x4 utility quad.

Now this brings me to my actual question. Do I sell the 400 for around 2kish and buy an older beat around quad like a late 90's/early 00's Foreman 400 for the same money, (Also this plan involves buying a new machine in a couple years and having both. I am really drawn to the new Rubicons) orrrr do I sell the 400 and throw in another 1k or so for a decent quad that will be my sole Braap toy? I would be looking into a 2004+ Rubicon 500 for options 2. Options 1 is an older quad with a new one coming in a couple years.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
or just ride the 400? That's a solid machine, amirite [MENTION=4838]1MEANGT[/MENTION]?

The 400ex is a solid machine but I'm into a different type of riding now and it's not idea for it. Last weekend at the cliffs proved that.
I say keep your 400ex.

:angrys00ls:
Sell me that EX for what you paid!!!!! Cash money!

If I did that I might be able to afford an early 80's 3 wheeler, lol.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Either foreman or grizzly get my vote.

I equivalate the foreman and grizzly to the 7.3.... Dinosaur, but proven

I am a honda guy all the way. This is what I think I'm setting my sights on.

maxresdefault.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info