Gateway Harbor Chicago

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Read a article about failed Chicago projects on Facebook this morning then started reading about this Gateway Harbor. Rumors have been flying about parking at Navy Pier for boaters for years and years. Chicago finally brought a dock to Navy Pier but it only holds a few boats. Didnt even realize they had a huge project to bring a harbor to that site. I guess this Gateway Harbor was a project alone side 31st harbor that never got off the ground. It was probably for the good as I feel 31st harbor was a slight failure.

Public Building Commission of Chicago | Gateway Harbor

pBkCalq.jpg

p7RHVmd.jpg

TRlmJ9h.jpg
[/IMG]

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
31st is a bust because it's "so far" south. city boaters live central and north in the city for the most part. I'd want to be taking public transportation to get to my boat and not have it take two hours and on a bus or train through the hood to get there. driving from the burbs, it's not a bad spot

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
if there's water in the chain and your boat has no draft to get through the shitty spots

It was LOW this weekend lol. [MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] were you able to get the Powerquest off the shore station? We were having to unload everyone and pull my friends boat into his slip because of the water levels this weekend :rofl:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
It was LOW this weekend lol. [MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] were you able to get the Powerquest off the shore station? We were having to unload everyone and pull my friends boat into his slip because of the water levels this weekend :rofl:

I havent tried to use it in a two weeks. It wasnt happy coming off last time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info